NFI Parts, the parts sales and support for New Flyer. (NFI Group), is seeking Buyer to join its growing international team.
NFI Group is North America’s largest transit bus, motor coach manufacturer and parts distributor. NFI Parts provides part sales and support activities, technical publications, training and support for its OEM product lines (transit buses and motor coaches). All buses and coaches are also supported by an industry-leading comprehensive warranty, service, and support network.
Join us as we continue advancing innovation and sustainable transit solutions that connect people with places. With 31 locations across the U.S. and Canada, and over 85 years of experience manufacturing buses, NFI Group is building on a solid foundation to drive North America forward with progressive transit technology that serves communities and makes cities smarter.
Don’t settle for a job when you can build an impactful and exciting career.
The Buyer is responsible for developing and executing buying strategies to reduce costs, reduce lead times, improve supplier service and assure an effective source to pay process. The Buyer is responsible for ensuring the best total cost is achieved, along with the best possible lead times and overall quality to achieve our customer service goals.
What you will do:
- Manage the total PO process, from PO creation through to PO delivery to destination and payment to supplier, while ensuring that delivery dates correspond with demand requirements.
- Work with inventory planning team to ensure sufficient stock levels to meet demand.
- Facilitate and ensure quick and accurate responses to internal customers to ensure optimal service to their end customer.
- Responsible for maintaining purchasing databases to ensure integrity of system data and provide necessary information to Category Leads, Category Managers and other buyers as necessary.
- Identify opportunities and assist in the creation of sourcing plans that secure supply and minimize supply chain disruptions in accordance with the category sourcing strategy.
- Maintain and enhance the professional relations with suppliers and contribute to the competitiveness of the business by optimizing purchases within the respective category.
- Use scorecard tools to analyze and evaluate supplier performance key performance indicators (KPIs) and work with suppliers for improvements as required.
- Assist Category Lead with special projects as required.
- Post-secondary education in Business, Supply Chain management and/or a Purchasing related discipline
- Experience in Strategic Sourcing, Purchasing, Negotiation and/or Materials Requirement Planning (MRP)
- Possess excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Adept with Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel
- Experience of Oracle systems would be considered an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated self-starter with capabilities to work within a fast-paced team-oriented environment