NFI Parts, a division of the NFI Group, is seeking a Buyer to join its growing international team.
NFI Group is North America’s largest transit bus, motor coach manufacturer and parts distributor. NFI Parts provides part sales and support activities, technical publications, training and support for its OEM product lines (transit buses and motor coaches). All buses and coaches are also supported by an industry-leading comprehensive warranty, service, and support network.
Join us as we continue advancing innovation and sustainable transit solutions that connect people with places. With 31 locations across the U.S. and Canada, and over 85 years of experience manufacturing buses, NFI Group is building on a solid foundation to drive North America forward with progressive transit technology that serves communities and makes cities smarter.
Don’t settle for a job when you can build an impactful and exciting career.
As a key member of our Supply Chain team, you will be responsible for developing and executing buying strategies to reduce costs and lead-times, improve supplier service and assure an effective source to pay process while delivering the best total cost derived from a best-of-class supply base.
What you will do:
- Perform buying functions while developing and maintaining a working knowledge of an assigned category.
- Manage open purchase order supply to ensure sufficient stocking levels and proper delivery dates that correspond with demand requirements.
- Maintain purchasing databases to ensure integrity of system data and provide necessary information to internal customers including category leads, category manager and other buyers.
- Assist in the creation of sourcing plans that secure supply and minimize supply chain disruptions in accordance with the category sourcing strategy.
- Assist in the development of scorecard tools to analyze, evaluate supplier performance key performance indicators and work with suppliers for improvements.
- Maintain and enhance professional relations with suppliers and contribute to the competitiveness of business by optimizing purchases within the respective category.
- Post-secondary education in Business, Supply Chain management and/or a Purchasing related discipline
- Experience in Strategic Sourcing, Purchasing, Negotiation and/or Materials Requirement Planning (MRP)
- Possess excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Adept with Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel
- Experience of Oracle systems would be considered an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated self-starter with capabilities to work within a fast-paced team-oriented environment
*Travel may be required for this position*