NFI Group Inc. (NFI) is seeking a Group Accounting Manager to join its growing international team.
With nearly 9,000 team members operating from more than 50 facilities across ten countries, NFI is a leading independent global bus manufacturer providing a comprehensive suite of mass transportation solutions under brands: New Flyer® (heavy-duty transit buses), Alexander Dennis Limited (single and double-deck buses), Plaxton (motor coaches), MCI® (motor coaches), ARBOC® (low-floor cutaway and medium-duty buses), and NFI Parts™.
NFI buses incorporate the widest range of drive systems available including: clean diesel, natural gas, diesel-electric hybrid, and zero-emission electric (trolley, battery, and fuel cell). In total, NFI now supports over 105,000 buses and coaches currently in service around the world. Further information is available at www.nfigroup.com, www.newflyer.com, www.mcicoach.com, www.arbocsv.com, www.alexander-dennis.com, and www.nfi.parts.
Based in Winnipeg, MB, and reporting to the Group Accounting Manager, you will be an integral part of our fast-paced international organization, responsible for NFI’s financial reporting department while also providing support to management for other finance related projects.
What You Will Do:
- Lead the general ledger, chart of accounts, and related accounting processes for NFI.
- Coordinate the regular month end close process, including reporting requirements for NFI’s leadership team and Board of Directors.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements in accordance with IFRS.
- Manage the insurance renewal process, and ensure required information is provided to brokers.
- Perform key financial control activities as required and maintain related documentation.
- Support the Internal Audit function and coordinate control testing with Audit & Risk Management.
- Provide support for quarterly financial statement reviews and annual external audit process.
- Work closely with external auditors to ensure the highest standard of the internal working papers.
You are a motivated leader with the ability to work in a fast-paced organization focused on driving a new era of mobility around the world, while also delivering exceptional customer experience. Specifically, you will have:
- Post-secondary education in finance or equivalent experience
- Accounting designation (CPA)
- Five years of direct experience in an accounting or financial function
- Advanced Excel skills and knowledge of Oracle e-business suite (EBS) or Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) would be considered an asset
- Superior verbal and written presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, including professionalism and ability to collaborate
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
If you would like to apply for the position of Group Accounting Manager or know someone who would, please submit a resume to: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]