“UPS is the world’s largest package delivery company and a provider of supply chain management solutions.”
At UPS, we discover how we combine endless opportunities, innovation and rewards to create a truly unique career experience. With our unique promote-from-within culture, you'll always find exciting new opportunities at every level of the organization. From training and education to growth and empowerment, you have the freedom to forge a career path that can take you anywhere you want to go.
The Auto Mechanic is responsible for the inspection, repair, and maintenance and diagnostic tests of the UPS vehicle fleet.
Job Type: Full-Time - Permanent
Work Location: 2900 Steeles Avenue West, Concord, ON L4K 3S2.
Workdays: Monday to Friday.
Shift duration: 8:00PM to 5:30AM.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Repair, inspect and maintain UPS diesel, propane and gasoline vehicles in a regular and timely manner.
- Operate/test company vehicles within the UPS facilities.
- Able to lift up to 70 lbs. without assistance.
- Able to operate manual (standard/shift stick) transmission vehicles.
- Able/willing to work evening and/or night shifts.
- Able to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Possession of a valid 310T and/or 310S certificate/s (license/s).
- Possession of essential trade tools and equipment.
- Possession of a clean driver’s abstract/record (must not be obtained more than a month ago before your interview date) showing:
- No violations for the current year (last 12 months) and no more than 2 violations for the previous 3 year period (last 36 months)
- No accidents and maximum 5 demerit points for the previous 3 year period (last 36 months)
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Must pass a pre-employment medical and road tests.
Compensation and Benefits:
- $32.00 per hour.
- Weekly pay (every Friday).
- Automatic pay progression as per the existing union Collective Agreement.
- Paid vacation:
- 2 weeks after 1 year of service
- 3 weeks after 5 years of service
- 4 weeks after 10 years of service
- 5 weeks after 20 years of service
- 6 weeks after 25 years of service
- Group Benefits (Dental and Extended Medical)
- Pension Plan
- Immediate access to UPS Employee Discount Program upon hire.
- Education Assistance Program
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Opportunities for future growth within a Fortune 50 company.
- Mainly indoors (in a warehouse). Occasionally work outdoors.
- Exposed to hot/cold temperatures when working outdoors.
- Wear a UPS Auto Mechanic uniform and adhere to the company’s Appearance Guidelines.
- No apprenticeship is available.
- In our industry this position is also known as Auto Mechanic, Automotive Mechanical Technician or Automotive Service Technician.
UPS Canada is a diverse and equal opportunity employer. Please advise our HR representatives if workplace accommodation is needed. Thank you for your interest in UPS Canada.
Other Great Industries