Helper Coordinator's Responsibilities
The Center Helper Coordinator role is to coordinate all helper activities and usage at the center level.
- Review and verify all preparation activities and ready the center to efficiently utilize helpers.- Review and understand center Driver Helper plan by area.
- Assist HR with Helper Orientation and Training.
- Develop Helper Dispatch Matrix for all areas.
- Use the Center Helper Dispatch Matrix to analyze when and where helpers should be used, and how many hours each should work.
- Insure preload has put the appropriate amount of work on routes using helpers.
- Complete training plan for helpers on road. (Who will train each helper and when).
- Communicate with drivers regarding helper plans and hours.
- Pro-actively implement correct driver and helper timecard procedures.
- Track and report daily center helper results.
- Finalize all post-peak helper activities.
1. Preparation Events
a. Contact each Center Helper Coordinator and schedule a training session.
b. Contact HR and assist with Helper Orientation and Training scheduling.
c. Assist in creating Helper plans to maximize efficiency.
d. Create a district results tracking plan.
e. Hold training classes for Center Helper Coordinators using the Instructor
module in the District Helper Coordinator Packet and using the Center
Helper Coordinator Packet provided.
2. Daily Helper Events
a. Communicate with HR, IE, center management and Center Helper Coordinators and assist where most help is needed.
b. Execute district results tracking plan, analyze results and prepare reports.
c. Review results with appropriate management (IE Manager, Division
Manager or Business Manager) and insure adjustments are made daily to
maximize improvement opportunities.
d. Focus efforts to meet district helper goals.
3. Post-Peak Events
a. Follow-up with HR, center management and Center Helper Coordinators to
make sure all final helper tasks are completed.
- Collect uniforms
- All equipment returned
- Helper payroll problems have been fixed
- Helper have been cleared from center payroll
b. Prepare final district results analysis reports.
Good verbal communication
Dispatch experience an asset
Other Great Industries