Senior Accountant- Manufacturing
Agilus Edmonton has another exciting opportunity with a specialty manufacturer of oilfield equipment located in Edmonton Alberta. Our client has a 60 year history of success in the Alberta and they have expanded into other countries. As they align for growth, there is an opportunity to add a Senior Accountant. Based in their South Edmonton manufacturing facility, this individual will play an instrumental role in assisting with the financial statements, operational accounting, royalties and inventory process. Our client offers a comprehensive package consisting of a competitive salary and health benefits. If you are a proficient Senior Accountant with skills in the manufacturing field and looking for an opportunity to make a difference for your team and employer, this could be an opportunity for you!
As the chosen Senior Accountant, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in the growth initiatives. In collaboration with the finance team, engineering department and quality assurance team, you will assist with the communication all departments.
Accountabilities will include:
- Work with the Controller and the accounting team to ensure operational and margin profitability
- Financial budgeting and forecasting
- Financial Statement preparation and month end close
- Financial planning, budgeting, forecasting and analysis for the plant locations
- Assists in the review and analysis of monthly financial reports
- Responsible for month end close
- Calculate and maintain manufacturing labor and overhead rates
- Analyze and report on manufacturing variances, product cost and inventories
- Reconcile and analyze various general ledger accounts
- Assist with royalties
- Reconcile and report the royalties to premium licensors
- Responsible for additional operational tasks when required
The successful candidate for the Senior Accountant position will have a robust technical knowledge with systems such as AX Dynamics, exposure to the manufacturing process and superior organizational skills. Qualified individuals should possess sophisticated knowledge in factors effecting the lean process, and in recognizing opportunities for process improvements. Ideally someone should have a minimum of five years’ experience in a manufacturing environment and have exposure to the lean manufacturing process. Preference will be given to individuals with the CPA designation and those with Manufacturing exposure.
Next Step[Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Opportunities like this attract the top talent in the market, and that is who will be getting a call back for further discussion on this position. If this sounds like an opportunity that would allow you to thrive in your profession, send your resume and cover letter to Amie Benedict via email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] quoting 'Sr Accountant / Manufacturing' in the subject heading.
Agilus is a division of Agilus, the largest Canadian owned recruitment firm. Established in 1976, we have 25 offices across the country, have held Platinum Membership status as one of the 50 Best Managed Companies in Canada for the last 9 years, are ISO 9001 certified and a member of the ACSESS community. We assisted over 10,000 industry professionals in their search for contract and permanent opportunities in the last year alone