Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
This position is for Massiv Die-Form, a division of Cosma International.
Cosma International, an operating unit of Magna International, is one of the world‘s premier global automotive suppliers providing a comprehensive range of body, chassis, and engineering solutions to our customers. Our pioneering technology and creativity allows our customers to ask for solutions that lie beyond what they previously thought was possible.
Massiv Die-Form, a division of Magna International, designs and builds medium to large cast automotive and hot stamping dies. Massiv Die-Form is proudly committed to manufacture products of the highest quality, reliability, maintainability and durability for the global automotive market through skilled and dedicated people focused on total customer satisfaction, ongoing protection of the environment and the profitable well-being of our company. Key Responsibilities
- Prepare Die Change Reports ( DCR’s ) according to the procedure and requirements
- Preparation and/or update various reports including but not limited to Schedules / Time Line’s, FMEA, BOM, Buy Off, Feasibility, Program Status, part tolerance/process evaluations, etc
- Creating Overlays, Updating Parts History, Archiving of old jobs folders, PM tasking, Pattern buy off approvals
- Host Die Design reviews, check die designs, release die designs for manufacturing, Pre Manufacturing Reviews, STFEMA, Soft tool, black Paint reviews
- Assist in successful launch and execution of multiple tooling programs simultaneously – timing, quality, cost
- Ensuring that the delivery of all Products is to the appropriate levels of quality, engineering level, on time and within budget, in accordance with the program Master Time Line.
- “Cradle to Grave” program support is expected including Home Line commissioning continuous and effective communication with Customer
- Sales in quoting Engineering Changes, new Programs initiatives, Die construction sourcing
- Post-secondary training in Tool & Die or Mechanical Engineering with minimum 2 years relevant work experience in Stamping Die Industry.
- Finance basics – RFQ, Quotation, Requisition, LOI, PO, Invoice Milestones, VAVE, Basic Financial reports, understand cost impacts at a business level.
- Basic CATIA, SPINFIRE, SMIRT, UniGraphics, CAD – able to use and understand.
- Use of WEBEX, Conference Calling, SharePoint, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project.
- FMEA, APQP, PPAP, SPC, GD&T, knowledgeable in any other customer specific buy-off requirements.
- GD&T, CMM/white light dimensional report interpretation.
- Comfortable giving technical presentations or hosting meetings/conferences.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.