Agilus Work Solutions, on behalf of their client, one of Canada's largest integrated real estate companies, is currently seeking an Operations Supervisor. This person is responsible for maintaining a high level of standard for building and site operations, this includes the efficient, day to day maintenance and operation of a large shopping centre complex in Victoria, BC. They will also provide maximum security, comfort and convenience to all customers and tenants. Candidates who currently live in Victoria will be given first consideration.
The successful candidate will be a hands-on, detail oriented, big picture person. You will have strong people skills and be a team player. You are physically fit, self-motivated, are able to work on your own and have clear and concise communication skills. This is 8-5, Monday to Friday position but will need occasionally to be available after hours. Must have own vehicle, and trade certificate or certification in one or more core building systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain detailed knowledge of operation of HVAC, electrical, lighting, emergency equipment, mechanical and other systems
- Available after hours, on call for emergency purposes
- Prepare and supervise preventive maintenance schedules to ensure all mechanical, electrical, plumbing and auxiliary equipment are in good working condition
- Responsible for identification of and ordering supplies and equipment necessary for all required repairs and maintenance
- Assist with negotiating contracts as necessary for building maintenance, repairs, housekeeping, landscaping, and services following corporate guidelines
- Assist with preparing specifications and tender projects following corporate guidelines.
- Assist with providing completed specifications and final scope of work for various repairs and construction projects involving roof repairs, exterior refinishing, asphalt, electrical and plumbing repairs and HVAC installs
- Assist with drafting and supplying a scope of work for Tenant Improvement projects, including demolition and shell preparation
- Coordinate and oversee Tenant Improvements
- Inspect buildings, sites and follow up with Manager as required
- Assist and accompany architects, engineers and contractors to all properties
- Perform trade standard minor repairs, spot repairs and general maintenance to building common area interior, exterior, building fabric, locks, keys, door hardware, parking lot areas, common area signage, landscaped areas, including irrigation components
- Provide basic carpentry, painting, plumbing and electrical and HVAC skills not requiring trades professional
- Monitor security reports and security systems as required for all properties
- Liaise with tenants, respond to special tenant requests and concerns and effect necessary action on a timely basis. Co-ordinate repairs for tenants, such as maintenance of air-conditioning units, plumbing repairs, construction and electrical.
- Dispatch contract security as required, 24/7
- Housekeeping, security, landscaping and waste management to ensure all areas of the sites are maintained, secured and safe
- Initiate, review, approve and ensure completion and proper handling of purchase orders and invoices for building supplies and services, including accurate coding
- Prepare and distribute insurance claims as required
- Assist in the preparation of annual operations and maintenance budget within planned objectives
- Organize and maintain all building records, plans and manuals
- Ensure environmental policies and procedures are practiced at the properties
- Liaise with local municipal authorities and staff
- Maintain effective relationships with other department personnel, contractors, tenants and customers
- Provide information for reports as requested by the Manager
- Special projects and specified maintenance tasks as assigned by the Operations Manager
Please apply directly online at agilus.ca or submit your resume to Allison Taylor, [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. We encourage you to visit agilus.ca regularly as new and exciting employment opportunities become available daily!
Agilus, formerly: Design Group Staffing, Inteqna, Talentcor, LucasWorks!, Lucas Professional Search Group, and Braun Valley Associates.
To apply please email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Please include 'Operations Supervisor - Victoria, BC' in the subject line when submitting your resume to Allison Taylor.