Please Note: If you are a current Spin Master employee with access to Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.
Are you looking to further your career with an industry leading, global children's entertainment company?
At Spin Master, our unwavering commitment to open mindedness, integrity and innovation is a great part of what has made us an industry leader. How do we stay ahead of the pack? By hiring the best and brightest minds—and that’s why we want you!
What's it like to work here?
Spin Master is a fast-paced, hands-on organization that provides many great opportunities for impactful decision-making; we are building a legacy and welcome individuals with a proven track record of driving results. Job Description:
Company Operating Name: Spin Master Ltd.
Company Address: 225 King St. West, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 3M2
Title of Position: Senior Director, Spin Channel Network
Type of Employment: Permanent Full-Time
Salary: $170,000.00 CAD per annum + 25% Corporate Performance Bonus
Location of Work: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Language to do Work: English
Spin Master is building a YouTube channel network that will create a new distribution approach for our toy and entertainment brands. The goal is to massively accelerate organic reach, generating high levels of awareness for our brands and franchises. The network will be utilized to grow new and existing brands, and will be monetized to generate funds for future production. This new team will be built from the ground up by a Director, Spin Channel Network. This leader will be building a start-up within Spin Master and should be experienced in growth, particularly on digital and social content platforms.
The Director will build a team of multi-hyphenate Producers who have an understanding of technical production, creative development, and channel growth and management. This leader should have a background in each of these areas and a strong network of talent to tap into.
The Director interprets analytics and performance to set the overall network strategy, and growth goals. The Successful candidate is self-motivated, able to juggle multiple projects at once, and is a proven leader to full-time and freelance staff. The ideal candidate is a great communicator and has a keen eye for YouTube and broader digital trends.
- Lead and develop a team of multi-hyphenate YouTube producers
- Develop the overall strategy and growth goals for the Spin Channel Network
- Build approach to sourcing content balancing existing assets, new formats, and the acquisition of content from outside Spin Master
- Communicate results, learnings and next steps to the broader organization
- Implement feedback from social and data teams
- Collaborate across departments on shared goals
- Ideate, develop, and produce new content formats
- Understand current trends within their content category
- Budget and schedule effectively
Required Skill Set:
- Strategic growth leader with a proven track record building successful ventures from scratch
- Strong leader with ability to guide, develop, and motivate a team
- Strong communicator and comfortable receiving feedback within a small team environment
- Physical production background or experience with digital development
- Comfortable using film equipment - lighting, cameras, and sound.
- Proficient in Adobe Suite
- Interest or experience producing for social platforms: YouTube, Facebook, etc
- Able to act quickly and jump on trending content
- Ability to develop new ideas and experiment
- Understanding of YouTube growth tactics, analytics
- Budgeting and forecasting
Motivators for Success:
- Creative Thinking – Looks at a brand, an objective and a platform and thinks of innovative ways to bring them together.
- Hunger for Innovation – Work with our media partners to help bring new and never-been-done-before opportunities for our brands. Help determine the right ones and brings them to life in impactful ways.
- Storytelling - Presents new ideas and ways of thinking about media reach and frequency to our senior leadership team in a compelling way.
- Relationship Building - Practices the ability to be personal and develop a strong understanding and desire to do what’s best for the team and our GBU’s. Fully engaged and present with global business units.
- Inspiring Leadership - Challenges a team and our media partners to solve brand challenges in unique ways. Inspires our business to try new approaches and serves as a role model to the team.
- Performance Driven - Strives to be the most essential COE partner for our brands by helping them drive the performance of their business.
- Entrepreneurial & Proactive Spirit - Devotes time and focus to identifying new opportunities and bringing them to life.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- 5+ years creating digital video
- Ability to manage multiple projects through various stages of production
- Passion and Understanding of the digital landscape as well as knowledge in platform innovations
- Native digital platform user with a natural understanding of their ecosystems
- Passionate about data, analytics, with an understanding of new content trends + the ability to speak and present about these trends.
- Organized and deadline driven
- Ability to work independently
Position Benefits Offered:
What you can expect from us:
- Our standard Group Benefits, which include
- Life and A&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Extended Health Care
- Dental Care
- Health Care Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) (Available 24/7)
- Group Retirement Plan
- Long Term Incentive Plan
Our mission is to Make Life More Fun with a vision to push the boundaries of innovation, creativity, and fun. From top leadership to new and veteran team members alike, everyone at Spin Master embodies our Core Values:
• Open Mindset
• Driving Results
Follow us on Instagram and Twitter @SpinCareers to stay up to date on Spin Master career opportunities.
We do appreciate all interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.