Company & Brand Overview
At Service Inspired Restaurants we take great pride in our diverse portfolio of restaurants and believe a brave, bold and results-driven culture inspires and creates new opportunities for everyone. Our values and promises are not simply a dream, vision, or mission, but a way of life for every person that becomes or wants to become a member of our team. Our goal is to be the first choice of our guests, team members, supplier partners, communities and investors by living our values and promises in everything we do. These values and promises describe how we conduct business, achieve our goal, and live our passion. We offer opportunities at the corporate level, as well as across all our concepts, including: Jack Astor’s Bar and Grill®, SCADDABUSH Italian Kitchen & Bar®; Canyon Creek®, Reds® Wine Tavern, The Loose Moose® and The Antler Room, Duke's Refresher® + Bar and Abbey’s Bake House in Muskoka. So what are you waiting for … come learn more and see if you have what it takes to join our team!
Why work for us?
- Privately owned Canadian corporation
- Real food made from scratch
- Passionate and focused hospitality leaders
- Strong focus on personal and career development
- Accelerated Leadership Programs
- Competitive pay and benefits offered at all levels
- Employee discounts across all locations
Duties & Responsibilities
Since pouring our first pint in 1989, a lot has changed at The Loose Moose. And yet, so much has remained the same. Our space is different, but our address isn’t. Our business has grown, but we’re still independent. And now, even with the most draught beers downtown, we’re no beer snobs. Never have been. Never will be. After all, staying true to yourself is how you make new friends – and keep old ones. Anyone who’s stopped by The Loose Moose to unwind after work, watch the game or make a night of it will tell you the same. Located at 146 Front St. W. above its sister live music bar The Antler Room, The Loose Moose is a stone’s throw from the city’s Financial District and both of Toronto’s major concert and sports venues. As a Front of House/Bar Manager for Loose Moose you will be responsible for the following:
- Achieving and/or exceeding daily sales projections.
- Providing leadership, problem solving and decision making in all areas.
- Meeting and maintaining accountability and profitability of specific areas as determined by operating.
- Providing ongoing training, motivating and monitoring of staff and the development of people.
- Excellent use of your time management skills and attention to detail.
- Ensuring your enthusiasm, infectious energy and ability spill onto other staff.
- As a member of the team you get to be part of an environment that is small enough for each person to have an impact, but large enough to have stability and structure.
- If you’ve had 1-3 years previous restaurant management/supervisory experience in a comparable restaurant environment we’re interested.
- Bar/beverage experience an asset.
- Dedicated to meeting high standards.
- High school diploma or equivalent; College/University course work preferred.
- Smart Serve Certification.
- Proficient in English verbal and written communication and possess great interpersonal skills. Comfortable using computers and learning new software.
- Ability to manage sales goals, inventory, cash.
- Numerical understanding, basic math skills, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Possess five values that define our people:
- Hospitality. Enhancing the dignity, comfort and well-being of Our People.
- Authenticity. Being forthright, truthful and transparent with Our People.
- Quality. Working to always improve the experience of Our People.
- Fun. Bringing the spirit of laughter, celebration, sharing and joy to Our People.
- Courage. Acting with conviction in the balanced interest of Our People.
Service Inspired Restaurants® is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.