Please Note: If you are a current Spin Master employee with access to Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.
Are you looking to further your career with an industry leading, global children's entertainment company?
At Spin Master, our unwavering commitment to open mindedness, integrity and innovation is a great part of what has made us an industry leader. How do we stay ahead of the pack? By hiring the best and brightest minds—and that’s why we want you!
What's it like to work here?
Spin Master is a fast-paced, hands-on organization that provides many great opportunities for impactful decision-making; we are building a legacy and welcome individuals with a proven track record of driving results. Job Description:
The Director, Direct-to-Consumer will lead the team responsible for developing and executing Spin Master’s direct-to-consumer initiatives. This role comes with ownership over the Direct-to-Consumer P&L, growth strategy, and customer experience. This candidate must have a proven track record of running successful direct-to-consumer businesses that maintained significant year over year growth. You’ll work cross-functionality with various internal departments while reporting directly to the EVP of Marketing & E-commerce.
- Develop and execute Spin Master’s direct-to-consumer strategy to hit top-line revenue and profitability goals.
- Maintain ownership over the Spin Master’s direct-to-consumer P&L
- Drive both growth and channel optimization for customer acquisition and customer retention. Explore new strategies for growing traffic and online sales.
- Manage rollout of new direct-to-consumer brands and existing brand relaunches.
- Guide digital product initiatives by setting a clear roadmap and work with development team on timely execution.
- Work with finance lead on general business modeling and optimization
- Build and develop an innovative and customer-centric team by recruiting top talent
- Create and implement various testing frameworks on both digital and consumer products to drive increased sales and profitability
- Partner across broader Spin Master org to drive increased transparency and operational excellence
- Select and manage various technology vendor relationships
What we can expect from you:
- Performance Driven - Strives to build the most efficient and profitable business within larger organization.
- Hunger for Innovation – Work with our media partners to help bring new and never-been-done-before opportunities for our brands.
- Creative Thinking – Looks at a brand, an objective and a platform and thinks of innovative ways to bring them together.
- Quantitative Thinker – Comfortable analyzing large amounts of data in Excel (or SQL) and finding opportunities
- Storytelling - Presents new ideas and ways of thinking about connecting with our customers via direct channels.
- Inspiring Leadership - Challenges a team to solve complex challenges in unique ways. Inspires our business to try new approaches and serves as a role model to the team.
- Entrepreneurial & Proactive Spirit - Devotes time and focus to identifying new opportunities and bringing them to life.
Who’s a good fit for this team:
- Someone with a track record in developing and launching a profitable DTC brand(s).
- P&L management for 8+ figure business
- An individual with a strong background in growth marketing, including media buying, retention strategies, etc
- Understanding of and past experience using media planning tools as well as digital analytical tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Double Click, Facebook Ad Manager, etc)
- Experience managing teams diverse multi-functional teams
- A passionate professional about direct-to-consumer trends and technology and be an early adopter of change
You should apply if you have the following:
What you can expect from us:
- University Degree in Marketing, Business, Economics, or a related field
- 6-10+ years’ experience in direct-to-consumer, running a brand or ownership over growth.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment managing multiple brands and internal stakeholders
- Very strong analytical skills, ability to identity useful insights and make fact-based decisions, recommendations and changes to live in-market media plans
- Strong managerial experience, including experience developing and mentoring a team
- Growth mindset and a passion for learning and keeping up with trends at both a macro and micro level (cross screen, media, digital and social media landscapes)
Our mission is to Make Life More Fun with a vision to push the boundaries of innovation, creativity, and fun. From top leadership to new and veteran team members alike, everyone at Spin Master embodies our Core Values:
• Open Mindset
• Driving Results
Follow us on Instagram and Twitter @SpinCareers to stay up to date on Spin Master career opportunities.
We do appreciate all interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.