Company & Brand Overview
At Service Inspired Restaurants we take great pride in our diverse portfolio of restaurants and believe a brave, bold and results-driven culture inspires and creates new opportunities for everyone. Our values and promises are not simply a dream, vision, or mission, but a way of life for every person that becomes or wants to become a member of our team. Our goal is to be the first choice of our guests, team members, supplier partners, communities and investors by living our values and promises in everything we do. These values and promises describe how we conduct business, achieve our goal, and live our passion. We offer opportunities at the corporate level, as well as across all our concepts, including: Jack Astor’s Bar and Grill®, SCADDABUSH Italian Kitchen & Bar®; Canyon Creek®, Reds® Wine Tavern, The Loose Moose® and The Antler Room, Duke's Refresher® + Bar and Abbey’s Bake House in Muskoka. So what are you waiting for … come learn more and see if you have what it takes to join our team!
Why work for us?
- Privately owned Canadian corporation
- Lots of opportunity across all locations
- Real food made from scratch
- Passionate and focused hospitality leaders
- Strong focus on personal and career development
- Accelerated Leadership Programs
- Competitive pay and benefits offered at all levels
- Employee discounts across all locations
Duties & Responsibilities
Canyon Creek is the premium bar & grill that is obsessed with the details – because they matter. From the impeccable atmosphere, to the attentive, friendly service we take pride in our savoury signature dishes (all made from scratch), and our engaging wines and cocktails. Introduce your palate to our Lobster Guacamole, hand-crafted burgers or our Coffee Crusted Steak. With service and quality at our core, we strive on ensuring that our highest level of execution is showcased in every dish. As a Kitchen Manager for Canyon Creek you will be responsible for the following:
- Upholding the highest standards to ensure consistency in our food quality and speed of quality service.
- Effectively managing food, waste, inventory and labour cost controls.
- Ordering product, new stock and supplies.
- Hands-on training and ongoing development for Back-of-House Team Members.
- Building and maintaining a productive partnership with the General Manager.
- Managing daily production goals and staffing needs.
- Understanding and interpreting P&L’s and other financial statements.
- Sharing accountability for all Human Resource functions (i.e. recruitment, coaching & development, performance management, discipline and terminations, etc.).
- Living and teaching our Values and Promises, and consistently keeping all promises to all Stakeholders.
- Ensuring your enthusiasm and infectious energy spill onto other staff.
- MUST be Smart Serve Certified.
- 3+ years previous kitchen management/supervisory experience in a comparable restaurant environment.
- High School diploma/GED equivalency required; College/University coursework preferred; Culinary Red Seal designation a strong asset.
- Proficient in English verbal and written communication.
- Knowledge of personal computers or ability to acquire appropriate-level skill using computers and restaurant software.
- Numerical understanding, basic math skills; strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage our restaurants with a high level of attention to detail, hospitality and fun – winning mindset and enthusiastic personality.
- Previous scheduling experience an asset.
- Knowledge of provincial employment legislation.
- Possess five values that define our people:
- Hospitality. Enhancing the dignity, comfort and well-being of Our People.
- Authenticity. Being forthright, truthful and transparent with Our People.
- Quality. Working to always improve the experience of Our People.
- Fun. Bringing the spirit of laughter, celebration, sharing and joy to Our People.
- Courage. Acting with conviction in the balanced interest of Our People.
Service Inspired Restaurants® is committed to fair and equitable recruiting practices. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to come forward at any stage of the recruitment process to request accommodations, if needed. Members of our team will consult and create processes that provide individuals with disabilities the best possible recruitment experience.