Job ID: 161004
Work Type: Full Time Permanent
It is a great time to join the CRH Canada team! CRH Canada is going through an exciting business transformation which demands first-class Talent Management support to drive results.
We are building a world- class team. Make your mark!
You will be a successful addition to our team if you look at change as an opportunity to develop and contribute to the business. You will be successful in your role if you like partnering with the business, presenting new ideas and providing excellent customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Legislation and Dufferin Aggregates Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Ensure that the necessary Health & Safety training is carried out in accordance to legislative & CRH requirements and guidelines.
- Implement and maintain production/maintenance schedules and communicate progress regularly to management and hourly employees
- Maintain budgeted operating costs, forecasting and communicate progress regularly to management and hourly employees
- Coordinate the production process to balance inventories to meet sales targets and customer needs
- Create and implement short and long term mining and rehabilitation plans
- Represent Dufferin Aggregates during site visits by the Government agencies
- Support the property department with efforts to provide necessary rehabilitation to the site in accordance with the approved site plans
- Assist the Site Manager/Superintendent with special projects and company initiatives
- Manage the produced product inventories
- Employees may also be assigned other work as required
- University degree with discipline in Civil, Mechanical, Mining Engineering or Engineering Technology preferred
Skill Requirements (Experience, Technical Expertise):
- 1 to 2 years of relevant experience is preferred
- Sound knowledge of OH&S policies, procedures and regulations
- Candidate must have working knowledge of AutoCad
- Computer literate for all MS Office (incl. MS Project) SAP Business Program and AutoCAD would be an asset
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment, with frequent exposure to heat and cold
Position Dimensions (Core Competencies):
- Displays a good understanding of key aspects of own organization's mission and strategies
- Breaks down problems into manageable components to gain a better understanding of the issues
- Generally draws accurate conclusions from financial and quantitative information.
- Makes efficient use of time, modifying own work activities and methods to eliminate wasted effort as needed
- Acts independently and with self-reliance; takes the initiative to resolve difficult issues and problems when they arise
- Shows general understanding of who one's customers are, and how one's role is important to customer satisfaction.
- Shows support for others who take appropriate risks.
- Shares information and viewpoints openly and directly with others.
- Demonstrates a sense of optimism, ownership, and commitment.
- Relates to people in an open, friendly, and accepting manner, respectful to others, regardless of their role.
- Takes opportunities to collaborate with others when they arise; displays openness to the ideas and input of others.
- Shows openness to new ideas, assumptions, and opportunities.
Visit our website for more information: http://www.crhcanada.com
CRH Canada Group Inc. recognizes Canada’s diverse landscape. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.