Job ID: 148108
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH Company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
We supply glass products to the west coast and have done such large projects as BC Place, Science World, and Calgary City Centre. Our unique business allows for customer orders to be fulfilled within days. There's a lot of science that goes into each and every one of our products!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Become part of the team by communicating positively with lead-hand, co-workers, and supervisor
- Ensure equipment is in safe operating condition
- Loading and unloading glass will require crane operation and/or manual lifting
- Ensure proper reading of tags for glass selection and review CNC program for fabrication requirements
- Measure cut glass for accuracy; reject if incorrect and advise supervisor accordingly to uphold quality standards
- Load the CNC program specifications and operate the required fabrication equipment. Select the appropriate tagged glass and load into fabrication machine while maintaining all safety policies and procedures
- Monitor the glass throughout the electronic operating system to ensure completion
- Place tempering logo in correct location following accurate orientation to adhere to quality standards and wash glass for completion of product
- Upon completion review all glass fabrication specifications for accuracy and quality; reject if not within acceptable tolerance
- Based on tag information place tagged glass on rack, dolly, or A-frame as required
- Responsible for proper disposal of broken glass and general housekeeping within the department
- Operate a forklift as required
- Ad-hoc requests throughout the plant as required
About the Job (FULL TIME ONLY)
- Day shifts starting at 7:30 am
- Night shifts starting at 6:00 pm
- Specialty training provided - (Cranes, Forklifts, OFA, CNC operators and much more)
- Lots of room for advancement!
- 3-month probationary period
- Physically fit and able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Own transportation
- Mechanically inclined an asset (Machine operators needed), preferred experience with CNC operations
- Speak and read English preferred
- Glass manufacturing experience preferred, but not required
- Responsive to change in priorities and immediate demands
Leading the industry in safety isn't an easy task. We offer an employment environment that integrates production and worker safety on a world-class level. Our training packages have been developed to give you the tools to do the job confidently. This isn't just another mindless job, we are looking for people to grow with. We provide a technically challenging and rewarding career where the learning never stops.
- Life Insurance, 100% Dental Coverage, and MSP Coverage for you and your family
- $150 Health Spending Account
- $150 Boot Allowance or supplied
- Manufacturing Training
- Employee appreciation days
- Pension plan
- Advancement opportunities
- Wages based on individuals work experience and understanding of machinery
We are rapidly growing and we need people like you! Jump start your career with a company that can provide fully integrated building envelope products in a professional environment where hard work is noticed.
Wage - starting at $17 per hour or based on experience
Visit www.OBE.com for more information about our brand and products!
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!