Join Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYThis position provides accurate & concise governmental regulatory compliance and Company policy / procedural support to all Sunbelt Rentals operational units, specific to Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration / MOT regulations and policies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform reviews of applicable motor carrier inspections & violations issued against Company vehicles / drivers to identify root causes
- Recommendation of disciplinary actions where warranted.
- Remains abreast of current transportation industry safety trends and regulatory requirements
- Responsible for managing MOT Support Services staff, activity and goals.
- Oversees office operations and makes recommendations for process improvement
- Assist in integration of merger and acquisitions
- High school education and at least 5 years working knowledge of MOT compliance
- Temperament & prudent professional judgment to effectively & diplomatically deal with Company personnel, the public and the general population, some of whom may be irate and unreasonable.
- Demonstrates superior role model leadership behaviors – ability to lead a team (and influence others) while actively displaying integrity, intensity, innovation and personal involvement.
- Possesses strong hands-on understanding of MOT regulations, including but not limited to: load securement, legal weights & hauling allowances, over-dimension permitting requirements, hours-of-service regulations and commercial vehicle maintenance / emissions regulations.
- Capable of high-impact, in-the-field training & instruction to commercial vehicle drivers on vehicle inspections, loading & unloading procedures, logbook documentation, and overall compliance with MOT and Company policies & procedures.
- Familiar with a variety of equipment rental industry concepts, practices, and procedures
Sunbelt Rentals has competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits program including:
- Health Insurance
- Dental/Vision coverage
- RRSP/DPSP program
- Paid Volunteer Day
- Life Insurance/Optional Life
- STD/LTD coverage
- Travel Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
Although we appreciate all who apply we will contact only those candidates who meet our requirements.
Sunbelt Rentals requires applicants to undergo a background verification process prior to commencing employment with the company. Employment with Sunbelt Rentals is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check.
Gear up for an exciting career!