GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for safe warehouse operations at site and to ensure supplies are stored and dispatched safely and efficiently. Monitoring the activities of the warehouse personnel to ensure company policies and procedures are adhered to during all phases of warehousing activity. Assists the Purchasing Dept. and Accounting Dept. in the process of purchasing, receiving, delivery and payment of materials. To provide informational reports to upper management. Promotes safe work habits and provides safety training in compliance with Company policies and MSHA requirements.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: This position will report to the Regional Supply Chain Manager.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: This position has supervisory responsibilities over other employees.
- Ensure that parts are available and easily accessed at all times.
- Maintain parts in our inventory on hand to assist the Maintenance Department in optimizing the equipment availability.
- Coordinate with the Maintenance Department the items and inventory levels of each to be maintained on site.
- Monitor the inventoried parts for proper storage, usage and obsolescence.
- Determine storage needs, i.e. outside vs inside, racking vs pallets, total area needed.
- Assist with budgeting. Review and approve new stock requests and changes in stocking requirements.
- Schedule and supervise the warehouse workforce and review and approve the time cards of warehouse personnel.
- Ensure the proper accounting for the materials issued, assure all warehousing policies and procedures are followed.
- Perform related work as required.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: Polished interpersonal skills. Strong personnel management skills. Knowledge of organizational policies and procedures. Knowledge of fiscal management and office management techniques. Knowledge of computer systems and applications. Ability to apply policies and procedures to solve everyday issues. Ability to exercise initiative, problem solving and decision making skills. Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities. Ability to work in conjunction with Company managers and employees. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet critical deadlines. Ability to quickly develop strong internal working relationships.
Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to analyze processes and functional requirements to identify inefficiencies and propose solutions. Ability to follow both verbal and/or written policies, procedures, and instructions. Ability to prepare and present accurate and reliable reports containing findings and recommendations. Ability to use logical and creative thought processes to develop solutions according to written specifications and/or verbal instructions. Ability to perform a wide variety of duties and responsibilities with accuracy and speed under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires constant data input for extended periods of time without leaving the work area. Occasionally lifting files or paper weighing up to 30 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare, and communicate appropriate reports. Requires mobility sufficient to travel.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal office environment. Occasional evening or weekend work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma.
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience.
Licenses, Registration, and Certification
- Problem solving.
- Decision Making.