Administrative and technical management of the software development and support teams.
Software development and strategic lead for the Illuminate Manufacturing Intelligence Product Roadmap.
Works with ATS Innovation Centre in commercializing innovation solutions.
Completion of projects as assigned by the General Manager, Digital Solutions.
Team Leadership & Culture:
- Plan, organize, direct and control the activities for Software Department using agile development process, general engineering principles and knowledge of Controls Software and full stack Software Design principles.
- Manage Agile sprint planning and product backlog and goals.
- Manage the resources and processes for software development, technical documentation, testing and release schedule.
- Conduct employee performance evaluations and initiate personnel actions for staff reporting to him/her.
- Develop solutions and offerings for automotive, energy and Life Science industries. This includes customer defined specifications, GAMP, cGMP, ISO, DN and other corporate, national and/or international standards.
- Review and approve the effort and technical feasibility of all Illuminate product deployments. Determine the required development effort, risks and required conditions and scope of project-based product development.
- Support employee training through annual plans
- Establish resource requirements skills and organizational needs that will sustain adequate capacity and leadership within the department.
- Coach team members on A3s, RCCAs, cost benefit analysis, process development
- Facilitate daily scrum meetings
- Deploy Visual Management tools
- Develop, deploy and manage Team KPIs (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Productivity, Cost, and Employee Engagement)
- Set yearly objectives that align with business unit objectives and track progress throughout the year.
- Provide engineering expertise to overcome and correct problems and technical difficulties.
- Determine skills and staff requirements for team and hire appropriate resources to meet targets.
- Ensure all business activities are performed in compliance with the ATS Code of Business Conduct.
- Provide subject matter expertise tin ATS in the quotation and deployment process.
- Recommend and execute metrics on customer satisfaction.
- Maintain overall customer satisfaction by anticipating and preventing issues before they become customer concerns and by optimizing resources
- Operate with key customer technical personnel to position ATS as a key to their success and to influence subsequent buying decisions.
- Provide timely customer intelligence to Commercial.
- Build and manage departmental budget based on annual plan and targets.
- Ensure optimal utilization of resources within the team.
- Manage the team within the budget parameters by forecasting, implementing and defining resource plans and alerting General Manager to prevent budget over-runs.
- Recommend and direct the implementation of best practices to improve quality.
- Execute six-sigma, lean and continuous improvement projects.
- Measure and report on quality performance data.
A post-secondary technology diploma or degree or equivalent, specializing in computer science, engineering, electronics, electrical or controls technology.
Five to ten years of leading a software development team utilizing Agile development methodologies. Deep knowledge of .NET and Microsoft development environments and associated architectures.
Several years of experience in the design and implementation of manufacturing control systems, MES or software systems for industrial automation projects. This includes manager or hands-on experience in programming and trouble-shooting with current PLC hardware, MES or SCADA Platforms and programming software.