We are currently seeking a Canadian based Regional Safety Manager.
We are the National Leader in a Stable, Growing Industry!
We are a leading provider of top quality rigid packaging. Our organization consists of approximately 2,500 employees in over 60 locations. We are a customer driven company with proven expertise in the areas of custom design, supply chain fulfillment and diverse manufacturing platforms. We are a company that is passionate about helping our clients succeed. Companies nationwide rely on Consolidated Container Company to provide products, support innovation, facilitate marketing decisions and improve business performance in their daily operations. Our talented and diverse team of employees rivals all others in the industry.
We have the opportunity to drive innovation, cultivate insights and build unique solutions for our clients. We take pride in our work, and our workforce, and believe in cultivating an atmosphere that supports success.
What sets Consolidated Container Company apart from any other company is the quality of our most valuable resource-our people. On a daily basis, we exemplify our Guiding Principles:
- Act with Integrity & in Compliance
- Drive Value Creation
- Be Disciplined Entrepreneurs
- Focus on the Customer
- Act with Humility
- Treat Others with Dignity and Respect
- Seek Fulfillment in Your Work
The incorporation of these principles at all levels of our organization allow our employees to feel valued and excited about the impact Consolidated Container Company has on both consumers and clients who use our products. Our culture fosters excellence personally and professionally and promotes development that leads to continued success.
Want to learn more about Consolidated Container Company?
Please visit our website at: www.cccllc.com
Consolidated Container Company is committed to providing a competitive Total Rewards Package that meets our employees’ needs.
From a choice of medical, dental and vision plans to retirement savings opportunities through a 401(k), company match and Roth feature, CCC offers a comprehensive benefits package. We want our employees to have a work life balance ensuring they are at their best in whatever they do. We offer a generous holiday, vacation and time off program as well as opportunities to contribute to our local communities and broader scale sustainability efforts.
We believe in great work and we celebrate our employees’ efforts and accomplishments both locally and companywide, In addition to recognition we believe in supporting our employee’s professional growth and development. We provide employees a wide range of free e-courses through our Learning Management System as well as training sessions, seminars and a generous tuition reimbursement benefit.
Works with assigned plants to implement, monitor, and ensure compliance with CCC programs and policies.
- Will engage all workers at 8-12 plants to build a safety culture, with a special focus on leading indicators.
- Will work with plant management to drive a pro-active approach to safety
- Responsible for conducting incident investigations, including root cause identification and implementation of corrective actions
- Provides advice to the plant management on regulatory codes and compliance requirements (Federal OSHA and State OSHA plans)
- Works with assigned plants to ensure training goals are met and assist with building train-the-trainer program as needed.
- Facilitates hazard identification and mitigation via the plant safety teams.
- Works with corporate EHS to ensure compliance and preparation for local regulatory changes.
- Possess a high level of personal integrity, must be able to multi task, maintain a positive attitude and be a team player.
- Ability to challenge the organization in a manner that creates trust and respect.
- Experience leading EHS audits to drive continuous risk reduction.
- At least 5 years of experience in a Safety leadership role.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in safety, engineering science, Industrial Hygiene or other technical field.
- Demonstrate an experience in involving the correct stakeholders and customers to integrate EHS into the system and not work as a stand-alone department.
- Must have 8-10 years’ experience in the local region and dealing with the respective agencies (Federal OSHA and State OSHA plans)
- Track record of working with management in program roll out and success.
- Must be a trainer and facilitator.
- Registered professional certification from a nationally recognized board (Certified Safety Professional, Associate Safety Professional, Occupational Safety and Health Technician, Certifies Industrial Hygienist or similar certification) preferred.
- Prior experience establishing a safety culture within an organization.
- Willingness to travel up to 60%
- Remote based within the Northeast Region is preferred.
- OSHA 500 Train the trainer authorized preferred.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.