Agilus is recruiting for a Junior Estimator for our client in Toronto. Our client is leading the way in timber construction and bringing innovation to each project. The ideal candidate for this position will have demonstrated experience within the ICI industry and excellent knowledge of Ontario Building Codes.
• Review scope of work analyze drawings, evaluate requirements for pricing
• Respond effectively to RFP and bid/tender submission packages, providing pricing, technical data, production timelines, etc. as required.
• Utilize applicable software tools (AutoCAD, Revit, Excel Rhino, Grasshopper)
• Complete detailed cost estimates for prospective projects $5 million to $15 million in value
• Work closely with suppliers, general contractors, developers and subcontractors
• Perform detailed quantitative & material take-off for commercial, intuitional construction projects
• Update new product information and become an internal product expert, develop industry knowledge
• Represent the company in office and customer meetings as required for pricing, bids or technical project presentations.
• Manage CCDC Documents Bid Bonds, Performance Bonds, Agreements to Bonds, Tender deposits, Letters of Reference,
• Provide consultation to the design and engineering team on cost effective solutions and “Value Engineering” to help the designs come in on budget.
• 2 years’ experience performing material takeoffs for ICI sector in Ontario
• College Diploma in Construction, Civil and/or Architecture education
• Excellent verbal and written communication
Please apply directly online or submit your resume to Joanna Boiago: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
We encourage you to visit agilus.ca regularly as new and exciting employment opportunities become available daily! Agilus, formerly: Design Group Staffing, Inteqna, Talentcor, LucasWorks!, Lucas Professional Search Group and Braun Valley Associates. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process. Alternate format available upon request.