ON Richmond Hill
Job Posting Title:
Protenergy Natural Foods Corp. is a fully integrated manufacturer of natural food and beverage products. From concept through product formulation, analytical and sensory testing, nutritional evaluation, packaging and logistics - we are your single source for cost-efficient, high quality products.
We currently supply many leading retailers and branded manufacturers across North America and around the world, specializing in soups, broths and sauces.
Position Summary: This position will implement quality assurance procedures to assure conformance of incoming ingredients, materials and finished products to establish specifications and quality standards.
- Responsible for organizing, testing, modifying, re-sampling and releasing all aseptic soup batches.
- Must be proficient at setting up, calibrating and performing;
- Total Solids, Brix, pH, Density, Sodium and Organaleptic evaluations.
- Responsible for organizing and testing all aseptic final product. -
- Must be proficient at setting up, calibrating and performing; Code interpretation, Total Solids, Brix, pH, Density, Sodium and Organaleptic evaluations.
- Assist with micro testing, pH testing and plating when required, i.e. busy season or early release requirement
- Read all plates and fill in the micro record for manager's signature. If any counts found investigate.
- Collect, pack and send samples to outside lab.
- Change hot room temperature chart
- Package integrity evaluation
- Case inspection, case code inspection.
- Peroxide test
- Cooler inspection.
- Glass check
- Line start up check
- Hourly batch pH test check
- Line weight checks
- Pasteurizer checks
- Initiate NCR, place Hold tags on product if in the building.
- Update NCR book
- Follow up and close open NCR's
- Perform in-house Environmental Air testing, in-house Environmental Aerobic & Listeria swabbing, in-house water testing.
- Collect & send out to third party lab Environmental swabs for salmonella testing, aerobic testing, water testing.
- Post secondary education required. Bachelor's degree in a Food Science related field is preferred.
- 1-3 years experience in the Food Industry
- Organized and a meticulous eye for detail and accuracy
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Team player with ability to work cross-functionally, enthusiastic , strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter / strong initiative
- Familiar with CFIA/FSEP audit system
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.