ON Richmond Hill
Supply Chain Logistics
Job Posting Title:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Coordinates the daily Logistics activities of transportation, import/export, customs compliance, shipping, receiving, and inventory control in a manner that provides an uninterrupted flow of material to all customers.
- Ensures all documentation and processes are handled accurately and according to both internal Quality System procedures and external regulatory (CFIA, FDA, USDA, C-TPAT) requirements.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with carriers, 3PL providers, brokers, customs, regulatory and government agencies, working collaboratively to ensure issue-free border crossings, on-time arrival, and cost-effective operations.
- Maintains import/export controls and supply chain security compliance records in accordance with governmental regulations.
- Researches, analyzes, assigns and maintains import/export Harmonized Tariff classifications, country of origin, and value information.
- Participates in Internal/External Customs Compliance Assessments, Customs audits and special projects as assigned.
- Develops, maintains, and conducts comprehensive training of department personnel.
- Develops and tracks associate performance against established department Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), appraising and holding individuals accountable for performance expectations.
- Analyzes, recommends, and implements plans to improve process flows, optimize the utilization of staff and resources, and reduce supply chain operating costs.
- Facilitates a culture of continuous improvement and innovation in a team environment
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises 3-5 salaried associates. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include safety, interviewing, selecting and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain or Business Management, or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years of experience working in Logistics and Customs Compliance
- At least 2 years of Customs Brokerage and international transportation/logistics experience with an excellent understanding of import/export regulations
- 3-5 years in a leadership role
- Past experience in the food industry strongly preferred
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers and freight service providers. Ability to effectively present information to subordinates, peers and upper management.
COMPUTER SKILLS: MS Office, ERP (Experience with SAP beneficial), TMS and Small Parcel manifest software
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as variance and factor analysis. Perform simple daily calculations and quotients.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Canadian Brokerage License, CCS (Certified Customs Specialist) and/or CBSA (Canada Border Services Agency) designations desirable, but not required.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.