ON Richmond Hill
Job Posting Title:
Assistant Maintenance Technician
Protenergy Natural Foods Corp, a fully integrated manufacturer of natural food and beverage products, has an immediate opening for temporary summer student position as an Assistant Maintenance Technician at its Richmond Hill facility.
Position Summary: This position is responsible for providing assistance to the maintenance team on all preventative maintenance activities.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Refill lubrication and hydraulic oil on filler equipment
- Replace and wash filters of electrical A/C units as required
- Assist in cleaning and lubricating machinery parts to ensure smooth functioning of equipment
- Organize maintenance tools in the workshop and ensure cleanliness in the workshop
- Provide assistance in organizing parts room on shelves and updating computerized inventory in Maintenance Department
- Responsible for boiler water testing on a daily basis
- Verify and inspect fire extinguishers within the Richmond facilities on a monthly basis
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience with high speed flexible packaging equipment an asset.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, capable of working in a diverse and multicultural atmosphere.
- Ability to effectively communicate (both written & verbal).
- Ability to work in a multi-skilled, rotating shift environment.
- Demonstrated regard for personnel and product safety.
- Completion of Secondary School Diploma.
- Currently enrolled in a University Degree or Diploma program (preferably in a Mechanical or Electrical Engineering program).
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.