Work Shift:8hr-3rd Shift (Canada)
Altium Packaging Canada, Our Culture Differentiates Us!
We incorporate our Guiding Principles into all aspects and at all levels of the organization and use them as a framework for decision-making. We believe our Guiding Principles foster a culture of excellence that benefits both employees and customers.
Our Guiding Principles
- Act with Integrity & in Compliance
- Drive Value Creation
- Be Disciplined Entrepreneurs
- Focus on the Customer
- Act with Humility
- Treat others with Dignity and Respect
- Seeking Fulfillment in your Work
The Material Handler receives, stores and distributes raw materials and supplies to designated staging areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Ensure compliance with corporate and plant safety standards and with applicable laws and regulations issued by regulatory agencies.
- Operate forklift to unload inbound and outbound shipments.
- Visually inspect materials and report discrepancies in quality.
- Prepare materials for grinding process.
- Transport and store materials, finished products and supplies to appropriate staging area. Report locations for proper labeling.
- Transport scrapped materials from production line to the grinder area.
- Maintain cleanliness of ramp, dock and compactor area.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Keep assigned work area clean and orderly and dispose of scrap material properly.
- Perform all work in order to ensure the safety of yourself and all other plant personnel.
The requirements listed below are minimum requirements for the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities who are otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job, unless such accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the Company.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities who are otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job, unless such accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the Company. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee frequently is required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts in a production environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Temperatures inside the plant can fluctuate between hot and cold according to seasonal changes. Personal protective equipment (PPE) is required in the production department and other designated areas.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We Believe in Rewarding our Most Important Resource – Our People!
We show our commitment to Total Rewards by providing a competitive, comprehensive benefits package. Altium Packaging offers health, dental, life and disability plans to support our employees’ well-being. In addition, we provide company holidays and vacation days to promote work/life balance. Altium also invests in our employees by providing tuition reimbursement, learning and training opportunities. Altium Packaging locations offer rewards and recognition programs and opportunities for our employees to make a difference in their communities.
Take your career to the next level at Altium Packaging Canada!