Agilus London is recruiting Heavy-Duty Mechanics in several different locations surrounding London. We are looking for Apprentice as well as Certified candidates who are eager to bring value to our client. If you are interested in this amazing job opportunity, look at the details below and contact Agilus today!
What is the overall purpose of the Heavy-Duty Mechanic job?
This position is responsible for the repair and maintenance of the company’s fleet of vehicles (primarily diesel engine buses) and equipment, using hand tools, precision measuring instruments and power tools. You will be required to diagnose engine and powertrain issues, disassemble/repair engines and examine parts for defects and excessive wear. Furthermore, you will need to understand and identify parts required for repair and/or replacement, to maintain efficient operating condition.
What are the key Job Responsibilities for the Heavy Duty Mechanic?
- Perform maintenance and repairs to vehicles to ensure the equipment is available, reliable and safe to operate
- Perform diagnosis of engine, break, electrical components on vehicles using various diagnostic tools
- Installation of new and added on equipment
- Recondition and replace parts, such as pistons, bearings, gears, valves and bushings, using engine lathes, boring machines, hand tools and precision measuring tools
- Review and complete repairs identified in Inspection Reports
- Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology and repair techniques
- Assist in preparing preventative and predictive maintenance schedules
- May weld and cut parts using arc-welding and flame cutting equipment
Now that you know more about the Heavy-Duty Mechanic position, what are the Qualifications needed to land this sweet job opportunity?
If you are interested in this Heavy-Duty Mechanic position, please e-mail your resume to Jordan Granger at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or call 519-963-8255 to discuss this awesome job opportunity!
Agilus would like to thank everyone for their interest; however, only the most qualified candidates will be contacted. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process. Alternate format available upon request.