Agilus Oakville is currently recruiting for a Maintenance Planner Scheduler, with metals planning experience (Piping or Boilermaker background). This position is in Nanticoke, ON and is a contract opportunity. SAP Planning experience is required for this role.
This role is responsible for the planning and scheduling of all Maintenance activities. This individual should have a good understanding of safety, health, and environmental requirements (SHE), work selection criteria, work planning, norms estimating, procurement practices, business practices and controls, contractor interface awareness, development of job packs, etc. Skilled in scheduling work tasks to ensure efficient resource utilization, excellent coordination between operations (equipment readiness / permitting), material availability, construction equipment support, and labor crew (skills) composition and assignment
- Demonstrates SAFETY as a top priority
- Participates in planning with Core/Work Teams
- Plans and schedules any Routine Maintenance work required
- Works with Planner in developing schedule, cost estimates and equipment planning for Routine work to be accomplished during the Turnaround window
- Able to plan complex job and develop resource plan with Scheduler, Execution lead, and Operations across all disciplines
- Identify and monitor critical and sub-critical paths for major events
- Apply advanced functions of Planning & Estimating Tools, as applicable to the position. Able to educate
- field execution personnel on look-ahead schedules, and help ensure timely work progression
- Provide input to maintenance work Contracting/Procurement strategy and steward to that plan
- Resolve scheduling issues, including: Negative Float, Out-of-sequence updates, resource overloads, scope change, progress validation, etc.
- Develop a complete job plan with materials, resources and timeline
- Provide input into material of construction selection and management
- Plan, estimate, track and schedule Field Order Changes (FCO's)
- Apply planning logic, such as, lead, lag, critical path and milestones
- Adequately assess work contingencies with schedule impact, lead coordination activity between teams should contingencies arise
- 10+ years of closely related professional experience
- Piping or Boilermaker background is preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly and concisely convey recommendations to
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Proficient in selected scheduling and planning software
- Demonstrates good leadership skills in Work Team meetings to remove barriers and steward action items and cost profile to work plan and cost estimates
If you are interested, please submit your resume in Microsoft Word format to: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Agilus would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity. Due to the volume of resumes we receive we may only be able to respond directly to those candidates being selected for an interview.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process. Alternative formats available upon request
We encourage you to visit www.agilus.ca regularly as new and exciting employment opportunities become available daily!