Amcor Packaging Canada, Inc.
Maintenance Technician - Day and Night Shift
The Millwright will be responsible for installing, inspecting, adjusting and repairing equipment while following safety rules and regulations. You will be required to maintain equipment to required standards and be responsive to production needs and equipment failures. You will work as a part of a team but will be required to perform work independently and maintain a high level of accuracy and safety, while performing your duties.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Read blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures. Dismantle machinery or equipment, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools.
- Conduct routine PMs on equipment such as: EBM, ISBM, Labelling Machines and HP / LP compressors and other.
- Troubleshoot and repair Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems.
- Moves machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
- Assembles and installs equipment, such as shafting, conveyors, using hand tools and power tools.
- Constructs foundation for machines, using hand tools and building materials, such as wood cement and steel.
- Aligns machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, rulers, micrometers, lasers, etc.
- Assembles machinery and bolts, rivets or fasten them to foundation or other structures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Other duties, as required.
- 433A ticket in progress or ability to obtain
- Minimum of three years of relevant experience
- Experience in Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems
- Experience working with reciprocating and rotary compressors would be an asset
- Good analytical, organization and prioritization skills, with emphasis on time management and multi-tasking
- Good written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Ability to work under moderate pressure in order to meet scheduled deadlines
- Strong team player
- Able to work independently and relate with all levels of staff
Amcor Leadership Framework Competencies
- Customer Focus
- Learning on the Fly
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Drive for Results
3-5 Applicable ALF Competencies:
Choose an item.
Choose an item.
- Maintenance Manager
- Operations Manager
- Plant Manager
- Plant Leadership
- Amcor co-workers
- Internal and External Customers
☐Lifting (amount 50+ pounds)
☐Carrying (amount 50+ pounds)
☐Lifting (amount < 50 pounds)
☐Carrying (amount < 50 pounds)
☐Driving – Automobile/truck/van
The requirements and training are not limited to the above and could be modified depending on job assignment. Requirements may include other duties as assigned by management.
Amcor is committed to providing accommodation during the recruitment process. We provide equal treatment and accommodation to ensure a positive and barrier-free employment experience. If you are an individual who requires accommodation, please contact us.
Work Environment: Plant Manufacturing Setting
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties, responsibilities, skills and/or abilities.
This is a hourly position that reports to the Maintenance Manager
Schedule: 8 hours OR 12 hours, 5 of 7 days of the week. Overtime and on-calls may also be required.