Agilus is currently recruiting for 10 Heavy Equipment Mechanic's for an Equipment Rental Service company located in the GTA.
Proudly Canadian for over 60 years, our client is a total solutions provider focused on the tool and equipment rental market. Their services help everyone from homeowners to independent contractors and major construction companies complete their projects on time and on budget. Their dedication to customer service and focus on continuous improvement has seen them flourish into one of the largest independent rental companies in Canada. They are proud of the quality equipment they rent and the great partnerships they form with their customers.
They are seeking a motivated Road Repair Technician to join their team based at their locations across the Greater Toronto Area, ON. They are looking for an individual that is driven and possesses the technical skills required to ensure that their on-site equipment is properly maintained and serviced at regular intervals.
The Road (LCE, HCE, Aerial) Repair Technician is responsible for the completion of the inspection, testing and diagnosing of electrical/hydraulic construction equipment for repair at our customers’ sites. This technician ensures that repairs produce consistent and reliable products. The Road Repair Technician also completes all work orders and related paperwork with respect to the repair of construction and aerial equipment in order to preserve the integrity of the Rental Management computer system.
- Competitive wages plus bonus opportunity.
- Attractive benefit package after 3 months.
- Opportunity to participate in exciting discount programs.
- Opportunity to participate in company matched retirement plan after 1 year.
- Guaranteed 42.5 hours per week.
- Uniform and boots allowance provided
- Any required training provided
- Opportunities to grow with us!
- Minimum High School Diploma
- Minimum of 2 years of Heavy Equipment repair or related experience.
- Heavy equipment trades certification is an asset.
- License to service/repair various natural gas, propane and oil heaters over and under 400k BTU’s is an asset.
- Valid drivers’ license with clean abstract (within last 3 months).
- Must possess a mechanical aptitude and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience working in a team-oriented environment.
Key Duties Include (but not limited to):
- Diagnoses and repairs all of Stephenson’s construction and aerial equipment as it relates to various diesel, hydraulic and electrical equipment, including Skid Steers, Mini Excavators, Aerial Reach Equipment and tow-able equipment.
- Ensures that all equipment is rental ready and meets set quality and safety standards.
- Follows the appropriate checklist and procedures. Can read and refer to owner’s manuals and schematics.
- Operates and test equipment (under actual operating conditions, if possible).
- Possesses excellent product knowledge and can effectively transfer this knowledge to customers. This includes explaining features and benefits, safe operating techniques and promoting related accessories/products.
- Ensures that every customer is treated in the same fair and consistent manner and resolving issues as they arise.
- Follows all paperwork and computer procedures related to servicing of equipment.
- Maintains all inventory control documents to preserve the integrity of the Rental Management computer system.
- Adheres to all Company safety standards
Please apply directly online or submit your resume to Christian Shewchuck – Recruitment Consultant at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Agilus would like to thank all candidates for their interest in this opportunity. Due to the volume of resumes we receive we may only be able to respond directly to those candidates being selected for an interview.
Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities will be provided upon request during the recruitment, assessment, selection and placement process.
We encourage you to visit www.agilus.ca regularly as new and exciting employment opportunities become available daily!
Key Words: Equipment Mechanic, Repair, Natural Gas, Propane, Heaters, G2, G3, Gas Fitter, Heavy Equipment