Job Posting Title:
JOB TITLE: Operating Engineer - 3rd Class
COMPANY: E.D. Smith Foods, Ltd. - Winona
REPORTS TO: Jeff Orosz
The main purpose of this role is the safe and efficient operation of all powerhouse and plant utility equipment. The incumbent will be a member of a team operating, testing and maintaining boilers, air compressors, pumps and refrigeration systems. There is a requirement to work a flexible work week to enable seven day plant coverage. Some overtime may be required.
- Safely operate steam boilers, compressors and refrigeration plant.
- Proactively plan and schedule contract maintenance on utility equipment.
- Perform preventive and emergency maintenance on steam and utility system components.
- Collaborate with maintenance and manufacturing teams to ensure all utility and processing equipment is operating at peak efficiency.
- Log daily work effort and failure causes for prompt corrective measures to be taken.
- Maintain powerhouse equipment records as required for a food processing facility.
- Ongoing training on new equipment and maintenance practices is a requirement.
Minimum Experience & Education:
- Grade 12 or equivalency a must.
- Licensed Operating Engineer 3rd Class with 3-5 years of experience.
- Water/wastewater treatment plant operator certification an asset.
- Refrigeration Operator certification an asset.
Experience in troubleshooting and repair of utility equipment is a key skill. Good verbal and written communication skills are required. Must be dependable, pay attention to detail, be computer literate, creative, and have planning and organizational skills. Must possess sounds judgment and decision-making skills and be able to work under minimal supervision. Candidate must show initiative and cooperate effectively in a multi-skilled environment. Experience working in a food manufacturing facility would be a definite asset.
APPLICATION PROCESS:[Click Here to Email Your Resumé] by
Interested candidates can apply by submitting their resume to:
Thursday, January 31st, 2019
All applications will be considered, however EDS reserves the right to fill the position with the most qualified candidate available. External recruiting will also be taking place.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.