BC Delta Tea (82nd St)
Job Posting Title:
Manages, directs and coordinates overall plant operations. Through subordinates, supervisors and managers, assures safety, continuous improvement, quality, cost, customer service, and production objectives are met or exceeded. Provides coaching and leadership to team members in the areas of safety, continuous improvement, productivity, quality, cost, equipment reliability, and employee engagement. Success relies on ability to build relationships and fully engage all employees in business improvement.
Performance will be managed by the following critical metrics: lower conversion cost year over year, asset reliability, successful retention of key certifications in food safety, quality and organics, reduced total recordable injury rates, improved yields, employee retention and turnover, case fill rate and on time delivery.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety policies/protocols and promote a safety culture.
- Lead the development, execution and monitoring of the operations strategy in line with the overall operational objectives to achieve performance, quality, and safety improvement and ensure achievement of manufacturing goals.
- Assist in the development of operational and capital budgets, policies and procedures, and the execution of same.
- Utilize available data including OEE, line speed target, and efficiency and process data to continuously improve productivity, uptime and reliability.
- Continually coach, direct and train employees utilizing Lean principles. Monitor employees' work performance and attitude and perform formal reviews as required by policy. Coach and counsel employees about work-related issues and assist employees to correct job skill deficiencies.
- Ensure all plant personnel are operating in compliance with plant and corporate procedures as well as in compliance with all customer and governmental regulations.
- Lead the continuous improvement program to deliver opportunities in cost, quality, food safety and service.
- Coordinates manufacturing activities with all other functions of the organization and suppliers to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines and equipment.
- Conduct regular meetings with plant personnel to ensure operational issues are being communicated and addressed expediently with a common understanding of goals.
- Drive employee engagement, training and development to maximize safety, quality, and productivity.
Skills, Experience and Education:
- Manufacturing, Processing or Packaging industry with specific experience in food production
- Lean/Continuous Improvement experience strongly desired
- Results-driven with a strong desire to grow and learn in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated track record of meeting or exceeding targets goals
- Minimum 5-8 years manufacturing experience preferred in plant leadership
Bachelor's Degree Required - Type: Operations Management, Engineering, Manufacturing or related field
Minimum Experience Preferred (Number of years and type):
Bachelor's Degree in Operations Management or Engineering and five years related experience in progressively expanding roles, including in a Senior Plant Leadership role.
Travel Requirements: up to 5%
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.