BC Delta Tea (82nd St)
Job Posting Title:
The Electrician is responsible for maintaining the equipment in the plant. They will perform a variety of duties which include: installing, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining production of facility equipment. This includes motors, generators, pumps and large scaled high-speed manufacturing machines. They will also be responsible for installation and maintenance of electrical devices and components found in a tea manufacturing facility.
The Electrician is also responsible for working with the rest of the maintenance team to complete a variety of tasks and preventative maintenance programs. This position will require working various shifts and overtime. This position will also cover some duties related to that of Building Maintenance.
- Inspect, examine and troubleshoot equipment to find and investigate problems or breakdowns and to ensure that safety and quality standards are met.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance, such as cleaning, lubricating, adjusting or rebuilding, pumps, pneumatic valves and seals.
- Preventive maintenance of High Speed Packaging equipment.
- Responsible for engaging in manufacturing support activities connected with the setup, installation and maintenance of production and related equipment designing and programming electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical control systems
- Demonstrate the ability to install, dismantle, reassemble, replace, calibrate, repair, adjust, fabricate, lubricate, and maintain, systems and equipment as assigned.
- Follow a Preventative Maintenance schedule.
- Inspect electrical components for identifying defects, hazards, and/or need of repairs
- Perform equipment adjustments and changeovers as required
- Ability to work through a shift rotation including weekends
Knowledge and Skills:
- Be a proficient trouble shooter of mechanical system
- Be comfortable performing maintenance calls independently or as part of a team
- Want to build their career with an exciting and dynamic team around them
- Have experience troubleshooting and diagnosing low-voltage electrical systems
- Ability to perform electrical maintenance in an industrial facility
- Enjoy working in a high paced dynamic environment
- Ability to problem solve
- Comfortable working in a production area (temperature, humidity, noise etc.)
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal in English
- Ability to prioritize under pressure and tight deadlines
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Strong Safety background
- Basic welding skills: MIG, TIG, ARC, and Gas Welding will be considered an asset
- Red Seal Ticket in either Millwright or Industrial Electrician (Dual Ticketed would be an asset)
- Must have good understanding of electrical, mechanical, PLC and Pneumatics.
- Experience within a manufacturing environment
- Ability to recommend corrective action and implement required repairs
- Experience with Servo Motors and Controllers
- Forklift and rigging experience will be considered an asset
Certification/Licensure Required for Job: Red Seal Millwright and/or Red Seal Industrial Electrician
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.