Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP. For more on our purpose, culture, and strategy, visit cpr.ca/en/about-cp.
- Req ID: 76108
- Department: Mechanical Loco
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Union
- Location: Montreal, Quebec
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel: 0-10%
- Job Available to: Internal & External
- Deadline to apply: 12/31/2020
By applying to this job you will be put into a pool of candidates that will be used throughout the year to fill positions when they become available in this area.You will only be contacted if you are selected to move forward in the hiring process.
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
In this challenging role you will be a member of a team working in a high production environment performing preventative and corrective maintenance to Locomotives
- The starting rate of pay:
- Diesel Mechanic starting rate is $33.696 per hour
- Classification of Diesel Mechanic will be determined by experience and current shop mix.
- Maintain, inspect, service, test and repairs all systems on locomotives, mobile equipment and vehicles used in plant, yard and road service;
- Services locomotive cabs which include cleaning/washing cab walls, windows, floors and servicing of locomotive toilets compartment and toilets;
- Make the evaluation of parts for reuse, repair or replacement;
- Work to blueprints, schematic drawings, service manual and other like information. Adapts to new methods, processes, material and equipment;
- Perform non-structural welding, (i.e. Tacking);
- Perform adjustment and calibration to mechanical components;
- Perform modification and construct mechanical assemblies;
- Perform maintenance and low voltage repairs of Locomotive electrical systems;
- Use various hand and power hand tools;
- Operate equipment such as overhead or mobile cranes and forklifts to assist in assignments;
- Adapts to new methods, processes, material and equipment.
- Must have a High School Diploma or General Equivalence Diploma;
- Must have completed previous apprenticeship and ability to provide proof of apprenticeship;
- Must have 6 years practical or general experience in mentioned apprenticeship applicable to the trade or possess a Unifor Local Journeyman/Journeywomen 101R card;
- Preference will be given to those who posses Journeyman Red Seal Heavy Duty Mechanics Certification, Journeyman Automotive Technician Certification, and Journeyman Electrician Certification;
- Strong problem solving and computer skills;
- Must be able to work within strict established safety and work guidelines/rules to complete job;
- Will be required to obtain all CP certification pertaining to specific tasks and assignments;
- CP operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year; must be able to work on various shifts and days off;
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
Operating safely is a core foundation of CP. Our commitment is to protect our people, customers, communities in which we operate the environment and our assets. We are also committed to a healthy and safe workplace. CP’s Alcohol and Drug Policy and Procedures (“Policy and Procedures”) support these commitments. All new hires for a safety sensitive position will be required to complete a pre-employment medical that includes a physical, vision, hearing, alcohol and drug audit assessment.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
- Education verification
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").
See Job Description