Job Posting Title:
Lead and support projects through scoping, approval, final engineering/design, equipment selection and procurement, construction, and CQV.
Leads, develops and implements projects according to site master plans.
Keeps current with latest food processing technology and industry standards.
Keeps current with latest industry regulations and codes relative to food processing equipment system design and operation.
- Leads, develops and implements projects according to the expense, capital project plan and current business priorities.
- Ensures assigned projects meet agreed KPIs, including safe implementation, quality of installation, on time delivery, project scope objectives met and delivery on budget with a managed cash flow.
- Generation and implementation of solutions that will increase employee safety, further drive our environmental agenda, improve food safety and food quality, increase operational effectiveness, and drive top line (innovation ) and bottom line (cost savings) growth.
- On-site Management, troubleshooting and or technical support of priority operational opportunities.
- Lead and support the development and presentation of capital authorization papers that are complete, clear, concise, and reflecting thorough due diligence to ensure project success. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Technology assessment and recommended solutions reflecting plant, TreeHouse, and industry best-in-class practices
- Physical location and general arrangement placements
- Process Flow Diagrams & Mass Balances
- Line design and determination of operational factors
- Utility and infrastructure requirements and needs assessment
- Development of capital project cost estimates
- Development of project schedule, from concept to completion
- Equipment / System Performance criteria
- Identification of Alternatives, Pre-requisites, Risks, and Opportunities
- BS or MS degree in either Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Food Engineering, or Agricultural Engineering. Preference given to P-Eng. in the province of Ontario.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in food manufacturing systems preferred.
- Ability to work in fast pace environment with multiple priorities.
- Working knowledge of various regulator systems in the Province of Ontario including i.e. ESA (Electrical Safety Authority), TSSA (Technical Standards and Safety Authority) , MOL - Regulations for Industrial, Construction and PSHSR (Section 7) Act, CSA Standards, Ontario Building Code, HACCAP and others as needed.
- Proven project engineering experience.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing concepts and continuous improvement applications in engineering design.
- Working knowledge of sanitary equipment design.
- Proven effectiveness in working collaboratively within a matrix organization.
- Excellent leadership qualities, verbal and written communication skills, technical analysis, troubleshooting and problem solving skills are required.
- Proficient with MS Office, MS Project and AutoCAD or similar drafting systems..
TreeHouse offers a great working environment with career advancement opportunities, a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
If you would like to join our winning team, please send us your resume.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.