Amcor Rigid Packaging
- Performs a variety of duties necessary to support the Production Team with its technical needs. Will maintain all operations in a safe and efficient way and ensure acceptable quality and production requirements.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Respect Amcor Rigid Plastics’ primary focus that is to ensure the Safety of all employees.
- Accountable for all projects, repairs and/or improvement on the line as well as any mold changes and maintaining preventative maintenance.
- Perform mould set ups as required.
- Ensure proper and safe operational conditions of all production and related equipment.
- Improve the production equipment, utilities, efficiency and reliability; assist in machine operation if need arises.
- Recommend, plan, repair, modify, make, install and adjust all the necessary elements following a problem or a project which may have an effect on the productivity.
- Analyze and resolve all issues related to the equipment; ensure cleanliness of all equipment and related areas after repairs or PM Sessions.
- Keep all tools in good and safe condition and ensure tools are returned to their appropriate location.
- Assist in updating, developing and improving equipment’s PM programs.
- Communicate to leaders the condition of all production equipment.
- Assist and train production employees in machine conversions and PM programs; direct and advise production employees when they help with repairs.
- Assist in maintaining appropriate stock of spare parts ensuring that parts catalogue is up-to-date, parts room is organized and kept clean and tidy.
- Perform GMP assignments as required
- Assist contractors in machine and building repairs; assist Plant Electrician investigating any electrical related problems.
- Assist other maintenance employees with repairs, PM, installation, commissioning and testing of equipment.
- Has the authority to call in other maintenance employees after consulting with leaders.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and flexibility toward overtime.
- Demonstrate leadership and high personal standards in relation to job performance.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Certified Compressor Operator (completed at hire or within 12 months of hire)
- Must be regularly available and willing to work a continuous operation 12 hour shift schedule as the company determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
- Available to work as shift coverage with minimal notice
- Electro Mechanical Certification a definite asset.
- Able to organize own work within the schedules in the most effective and economical way.
- Able to conduct work in a manner that will bring credit to the incumbent, maintenance department and Amcor Rigid Plastics – North America.
- Willing to enroll in Provincial/Industrial mechanic or electrician certification program.
- Knowledge in hydraulic and pneumatic as well as electricity and control an asset
- Expected to take courses as required to perform regularly assigned duties
Amcor Leadership Framework Competencies
- Customer Focus
- Learning on the Fly
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Drive for Results
- Plant Manager
- Shift Supervisor/Lead
- Other plant employees
☐Lifting (amount 50+ pounds)
☐Carrying (amount 50+ pounds)
☒Lifting (amount < 50 pounds)
☒Carrying (amount < 50 pounds)
☐Driving – Automobile/truck/van
Other Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to move objects up to 40 lbs in weight.
- Must be able to climb stairs regularly and work at a height of 12 feet off the floor.
Work Environment: Plant Manufacturing Setting
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
Amcor Rigid Packaging is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Accommodations are available, on request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.