Amcor Rigid Packaging
- Responsible for the safe operation of various blow molding machines on a 12h shift ensuring that both quality and productivity meet Amcor Rigid Packaging's standards.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Respect Amcor Rigid Packaging's primary focus, that is to ensure the Safety of all employees.
- Develop good knowledge of all Blowmold systems in the plant.
- Perform visual inspection of the containers, fill out the visual sheet as required.
- Complete SPC testing and review results for process stability.
- Make the necessary adjustment to the process ensuring the best quality product is produced.
- Ensure master cleaning schedule is maintained and paperwork completed.
- Keep the machines and area clean at all times and ensure it meets GMP standards.
- Update daily focus boards and FMS clearly and accurately.
- Assist the shift mechanic when the machine is down for repair, mold change, preventative maintenance, etc.
- Identify and prevent the possible causes of problems to ensure non-occurrence.
- Know the whereabouts of other team members at all times.
- Perform any other task related to the job as well as assist in other areas of the plant if required.
- Ensure Amcor’s Policy and Procedure for Hold Product and Back Tracking is strictly adhered to.
- Follow preform consumption protocol as per MII specifications.
- Maximize machine output without jeopardizing quality or safety.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Know and understand all the Safety aspects of machine operation.
- Understand bottle processing.
- Know how to start-up and shut down blowmolders.
- Know how to maintain the blowmolders’ operation and understand its function.
- Know all the required Q.A. tests along with a complete understanding of the testing equipment and what each test is designed to target.
- Know all types of bottle defects and defects specific to particular bottles.
- Ability to perform safely under pressure and excel at time management.
- Excel at verbal/written communication and documentation.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and flexibility toward overtime.
- Demonstrate leadership and high personal standards in relation to job performance.
- Must possess and demonstrate all the necessary skills required for the position.
- Must be regularly available and willing to work a continuous operation 12 hour shift schedule as the company determines is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
Amcor Leadership Framework Competencies
- Customer Focus
- Learning on the Fly
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Drive for Results
3-5 Applicable ALF Competencies:
- Leadership Team
- Shift Supervisor
- Other plant employees
☐Lifting (amount 50+ pounds)
☐Carrying (amount 50+ pounds)
☒Lifting (amount < 50 pounds)
☒Carrying (amount < 50 pounds)
☐Driving – Automobile/truck/van
Work Environment : Plant Manufacturing Setting
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are availalble on request, for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.