Please Note: If you are a current Spin Master employee with access to Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.
Are you looking to further your career with an industry leading, global children's entertainment company?
At Spin Master, our unwavering commitment to open mindedness, integrity and innovation is a great part of what has made us an industry leader. How do we stay ahead of the pack? By hiring the best and brightest minds—and that’s why we want you!
What's it like to work here?
Spin Master is a fast-paced, hands-on organization that provides many great opportunities for impactful decision-making; we are building a legacy and welcome individuals with a proven track record of driving results. Job Description:
The Data Governance Team Lead is responsible for aligning people, processes, and technology to enable the company to manage data as an enterprise asset. Will be a key influencer in the development, implementation and oversight of the Data Governance Framework including strategy, policies, standards, practices, processes, technologies and training. Will manage a staff of data stewards as well as guide key stakeholders in critical decision making related to Data Governance.
The Team Lead will join a team of functional senior leaders as part of the Data Governance Steering Committee and participate in organizational governance activities, have a solid understanding of the data needs of the business, and are the key implementers and enforcers of data policies, processes, procedures and standards set out by the Data Governance Steering Committee.
What can we expect from you:
Strategy & Planning
- Create and implement a data governance framework and strategy, including user policies and training materials, set new business processes, and statistical reporting for achieving and maintaining high data quality including accuracy and maintenance.
- Work alongside IT staff as well as senior management to:
- Develop a future state process that ensures data integrity and accuracy
- Coordinate the placing of data On-Premises, or in Clouds with business strategies
- Develop and maintain a data integration strategy
- Develop and maintain a data security strategy
- Ensure that project management and software development methodologies include the steps, activities, and deliverables required to achieve high quality data.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Ensure that new systems, applications, and data integration measures adhere to existing data management practices, policies, and procedures.
- Stay abreast of new products in the data management market, conducting research on emerging trends and developments that could support the business.
- Identify and ensure the resolution of data quality issues, such as uniqueness, integrity, accuracy, consistency, and completeness, in a cost-effective and timely manner.
- Execute audits periodically to ensure that data is being properly managed in the Cloud and On-Premises, and that legal or security requirements are consistently being met.
- Perform data profiling on a regular basis, and generate data quality statistics. The results of these audits should be communicated to the owner of the data, and tied into service level agreements (SLAs) between data entry personnel, IT, and the appropriate business units.
- Devise, coordinate, and conduct mass data-cleansing initiatives for the purpose of purging and eliminating corrupt or redundant information from corporate databases.
- Identify causes of poor data quality, implement solutions, and communicate findings to employees, management, and stakeholders.
- Develop and enforce methods and validation mechanisms for ensuring data quality, and accuracy at the point of entry.
- Work collaboratively with the system architects to develop methods for synchronizing data entering company systems from multiple points, and within infrastructure On-Premises and within Clouds.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products, tools, services, protocols, and standards that will support the data management strategy.
Who’s a good fit for this role:
- Possess leadership qualities
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into data issues and as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team-oriented, and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
You should apply if you have the following:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of information management/knowledge management.
- At least 5 years of data governance experience, with in depth functional expertise.
- Successfully led and worked on cross-functional projects.
- Managed a team.
What you can expect from us:
- Familiarity with database concepts and the ordering of Master Data.
- Previous exposure to Cloud data integration and management.
- In depth knowledge and experience working with SAP.
- Working technical knowledge of data management workflow tools.
- Strong understanding of data entry/update best practices.
- Experience implementing a data governance framework a plus
Our mission is to Make Life More Fun with a vision to push the boundaries of innovation, creativity, and fun. From top leadership to new and veteran team members alike, everyone at Spin Master embodies our Core Values:
• Open Mindset
• Driving Results
Follow us on Instagram and Twitter @SpinCareers to stay up to date on Spin Master career opportunities.
We do appreciate all interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.