KAR Auction Services (NYSE:KAR) Fortune #702, the parent and of ADESA and OPENLANE, is investing heavily in technology in Toronto and recently acquired innovative companies at the forefront of the auction industry in TradeRev (Toronto) and DRIVIN (Chicago) among others.
Our project is taking on a major initiative to redesign and rebuild many of KAR’s customer facing digital assets. This role will include a completely new approach working directly using the latest design approaches, technologies, and processes.
If you are passionate about quality software, preventing bugs, and want to pursue a career with a leader in its industry, then this is a great opportunity for you! We are looking for a dynamic, passionate, enthusiastic Software Engineer to join our team. You will be part of a high caliber agile team responsible for modernizing our products using the latest technologies and best practices.
- Work with a team of developers create and maintain automated testing frameworks that will cover a wide range of testing types including but not limited to functional, api, integration, performance, and load testing.
- Work with DevOps team to deploy and enable various testing frameworks within CI/CD pipelines
- Work with Architecture and enabler teams to design and develop impactful testing frameworks for new applications, components, and integrations.
- Research and evaluate new automated testing strategies.
- Build effective performance and load testing applications to identify any scalability issues and test system endurance and capacity.
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability and emerging technologies and keep team members informed as appropriate with a view to incorporating these in future projects and staying ahead of the market.
- Knowledge of continuous integration and delivery practices and technology
- 3+ years professional experience as a Software Development Engineer
- Solid knowledge of SQL and relational database concepts.
- Knowledge in testing micro service architecture in sizing, resiliency, rolling deployment/upgrade
- Experience with Docker and cloud platforms (AWS), Kubernetes, cloud log services (Sumologic, Splunk), cloud application monitoring tools (Datadog).
- Security testing, performance testing, and load testing.
- Ability to work at both detailed and abstract levels
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting/problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience with, but not limited to, JUnit/TestNG, BDD frameworks, Selenium, mock objects, UIAutomator, Appium, or Jmeter.
Why ADESA and OPENLANE?
- If you love cars as much as you love Software Engineering this could be a great fit and a strategic step for your career.
- Financial – our compensation plans are market competitive and we benchmark regularly. We offer competitive benefits including Health & Dental Insurance, RRSP
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan at a discounted rate.
- Dress for the Day” casual dress policy
- KAR Auction Services is expected to have substantial growth over the next few years.
- More vehicles are sold through the OPENLANE platform than any other similar platform, by far. In 2017, over 900,000 vehicles were sold using OPENLANE the U.S. and Canada combined.
- OPENLANE supports more private labeled automobile remarketing programs than any other provider. We estimate that the brands utilizing our upstream solutions represent a substantial majority of U.S. and Canadian retail automotive market share respectively.
- OPENLANE is the defacto leader for online vehicle returns and remarketing solutions to automobile manufacturers and their captive finance companies.
- Our experience in providing leading selling technology and experiences is second to none and provides us with unique insights and capabilities that we can leverage to benefit automobile sellers and buyers.
370 King Street West, Suite 600
Toronto, ON M5V 1J9
We thank all applicants. However, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
ADESA Canada is committed to providing employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If contacted for an interview, please advise Human Resources if you require disability-related accommodation.