SERVICE DESK SPECIALIST
We are looking for a motivated IT professional to come join one of Canada's top 5 banks! This role is perfect for those who have recently begun their technical careers and are looking to take the next step. You will be working with a large, fun group of Service Desk professionals and will be exposed to new and complex technical challenges. This opportunity also provides training along the way for technologies that may be new to you!
SERVICE DESK SPECIALIST RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems, typically of a lower complexity
* May install software or perform hardware testing remotely
* Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors
* Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities
* Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support
SERVICE DESK SPECIALIST QUALIFICATIONS:
* 1+ years' experience in a helpdesk or support role
* Tools knowledge of:
* Active Directory (for password resets, permissions, etc.)
* ServiceNow (OR comparable ticketing system)
* MS office
* Citix/VPN/RSA Token/ Data Privelege -
all bonus skills
* Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
About The Select Group:
We are TSG - a fast-growing technical services firm serving the U.S. and Canada. We open doors to diversified prospective employers who respect and value your ambitions, your pursuit of a meaningful career, and your particular skill-set. We offer interview guidance, an impressive referral program, and partner with you to find work that drives you. Learn more about us in our company overview video, or visit us at http://www.selectgroup.com. Sign up to receive weekly job alerts in your inbox by joining the TSG Talent Network.
We have the privilege of impacting lives, so let us impact yours.
The Select Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.