Job Number: 8006
Group: Cosma International
Division: Modatek Systems
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
Located in Milton, Ontario, Modatek Systems is a divsion of Magna International. At Modatek, our dedicated team produce chassis systems utilizing innovative hydroforming, automated welding, and electrostatic coating processes within a large, safety-focused facility. Role Summary
The Senior Systems Analyst role is to ensure the stable operation of the in-house computer software systems and network connections. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network software and communication links. Key Responsibilities
University degree, College diploma or equivalent training in Computer Science or Programming
Minimum five (5) years experience in the following areas:
- Working in an automotive or related manufacturing environment
- Configuring and troubleshooting network switches, routers and wireless controllers/access points
- IP networking including routing and subnetting
- Core Microsoft technologies including Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP
- Microsoft Windows Desktop, Server OSes and SQL Server
• Asset – Cisco CCNA certification or equivalent experience with Cisco networking equipment Key Qualifications/Requirements
• Asset – Experience installing and troubleshooting structured cabling systems
• Asset – Experience configuring Storage Array Networks
• Asset – Experience with Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware ESX server
• Asset – Experience with the Linux OS
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills
• Demonstrated leadership and project management experience.
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to uphold confidentiality
• Demonstrates the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Ability to work overtime to meet customer needs
• Provides mentoring/coaching to others What you can expect from us:
• Provides direction and support to Systems Analysts and Systems Analyst Coordinators
• Long term vision with respect to development of the department and company
• Identifies potential issues and develop mitigation to prevent occurrence
• Manages complex tasks and projects
• Drives improvements through enhancement to applications and systems
• Analyzes, evaluates, implements and supports network hardware, software and systems
• Acts as “Help Desk” support for users’ day-to-day problems and questions when necessary
• Takes technical direction from Area Leader and /or Department Leader
• Handles the administration of the LAN/WAN, including Internet access and communication.
• Handles the installation and support of PCs, printers and peripherals (Wireless network, Access points etc.)
• Assists with monitoring and enforcing company standards
• Coordinates all network changes and upgrades
• Writes technical documentation and manuals, and assist with end user training
• Ensures systems’ reliability through redundancy, backups and security
• Manages and supports all in-house voice architecture, including: all Mitel control & peripheral nodes (maintenance, support and upgrades), all digital phone sets, all analog phone sets, modems and fax lines
• Manages and supports Modatek wireless phone system, including the installation, training, support and trouble-shooting of all hardware
• Follows up with Modatek Systems back up procedures to ensure proper data management
• Support ERP Analysts with CMS issues when required
• Oversees all external network links as well as WAN connectivity
• Handles the installation, training, support and trouble-shooting of all radio frequency hardware including: scanners, terminals and gateways
• Performs all system security checks based on security checklist tasks with direction from the Area Leader or Department Leader.
• Monitors, maintains and configures all server infrastructures at both the hardware and software level
• Arranges procurement of hardware/software and peripherals, coordinate activities with contractors to complete tasks/projects in conjunction with IT Management
• Enforce Sarbanes Oxley IT Standards/Best Practices
- A focus on safety, health and wellness; including our “Good for You” cafeteria.
- A great work experience which includes a dedicated and diverse workforce who enjoys working together.
- Extended Health Benefits.
- Group RSP with employer match.
- Employee Profit Sharing Plan.
- Education reimbursement program.
- Staff appreciation events.
- Company paid uniforms, allowances for customized safety glasses, earplugs and boots.
- An environment that focuses on Modatek’s Core Values; Integrity, Respect, Trust, Honesty, Fairness and Loyalty.
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.