Job Description: Technical Lead/Senior Software Developer
Jonas Software – Construction Division
We are looking for a bright professional who gets excited about new technologies; who is passionate about coding and solving problems; who can bring a pool of extensive experience and judgment to help us effectively plan and accomplish team goals; who understands the entire Software Development Life Cycle, has a proven experience of working on complex web and desktop solutions and has a solid knowledge of integrated systems. Who is technically sound to handle every minor and major problem and capable of leading team of developers by example.
- Use technical skills to complete software programming tasks including development, unit testing, integration testing and documentation as required
- Demonstrate excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills and collaborate with the other departments as required
- Use intellectual horsepower, creativity and problem solving skills to effectively collaborate with the Quality Assurance team to resolve defects
- Provide customer focused third level support for resolving production and customer support issues as required
- Action oriented with the perseverance continuously provide technical improvements to internal tools and libraries
- Manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects or activities using effective judgment for prioritizing tasks and allocating time; managing through systems
- Present information to groups as required with the appropriate degree of formality and a drive for results
This position requires varying degrees of expertise:
- University/College education or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or related discipline
- Solid experience with building multi-tier, distributed web or hybrid applications
- Solid experience with redesigning applications and systems
- Expert level of SQL Server knowledge (including administration, development and troubleshooting expertise levels)
- Expert level of knowledge of C++, C#, OOP, internet and networking TCP/IP protocol
- Proven experience with data modeling, MS SQL Server 2012 and higher, including T-SQL -building optimized queries, Stored Procedures, Triggers, DB maintenance; other database systems
- Thorough understanding of Service Oriented Architecture
- Strong problem solving abilities, and ability to pick up and adapt to new concepts quickly
- Experience with reviewing code, inspecting designs and processes.
The ideal candidate is a strong communicator with proven ability to articulate ideas; possesses strong technical skills and capable of bringing to the table innovative ideas for features and products; highly creative and self-motivated problem solver with the ability to handle numerous projects simultaneously; has a keen eye for detail and a real passion for quality and enjoys solving tough, technical problems through teamwork.
Business Unit: Jonas Construction
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Number of Openings Available: 1
Worker Type: Regular
More About Jonas Software:
Jonas Software is the leading provider of enterprise management software solutions to the Country and Golf Clubs, Foodservice, Construction, Fitness & Sports, Attractions, Salon & Spa, Education, Radiology/Laboratory Information Systems, and Product Licensing industries. Within these vertical markets, Jonas is made up of over 65 distinct brands, which are respected and leaders within their own domain.
Jonas’ vision is to be the branded global leader across the aforementioned vertical markets and to be recognized by customers and respective industry stakeholders as the trusted provider of ‘Software for Life’ and as an ambassador for technology, product innovation, quality, and customer service.
Jonas Software is the valued technology partner of over 60,000 customers worldwide in more than 30 countries. Jonas employs over 2,000 skilled individuals consisting of a cross-section of industry experts and technology professionals. Jonas is headquartered in Canada and also operates offices throughout North America, the United Kingdom, Europe, Australia New Zealand and Africa. Jonas is a 100% owned subsidiary of Constellation Software Inc., headquartered in Toronto and traded on the S&P/TSX 60.