Allied Universal Security Services provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to serve secure and care for the people and businesses in our communities.
Allied Universal Security Services is currently seeking Security Professionals to work in the Edmonton and surrounding areas. The ideal candidate for the Security Professional position is excellent with customers, has an impressive ability to communicate and is confident with dealing with high-pressure situations.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct foot patrols of interior and exterior areas of assigned locations
- Observe and report suspicious activities and persons
- Detect or prevent thefts and vandalism
- Liaise with members of the public and emergency services
- Write detailed narrative reports and maintain daily activity reports.
- Enforce rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and respond to emergency situations requiring security assistance
- Resolve conflict situations whilst staying calm and collective
- Use communications devices such as radios and cell phones
- Monitor CCTV and Access Control Systems
- Follow radio and emergency telephone procedure
- Ensure that safety and emergency procedures are followed
- Respond to alarms and other emergencies
Essential Requirements for this position include the following:
- Ability to deal with high pressure situations
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have VALID Alberta Security License
- Must have VALID Alberta Driver's License
- Valid First Aid / CPR / AED Certificate is preferred, but not required
- Own vehicle for travel to and from site is required.
- Must be flexible and work days, afternoons and nights.
- Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
- Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites.
- Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
- Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
- Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
- Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.ecurity.ca.
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.