Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP. For more on our purpose, culture, and strategy, visit cpr.ca/en/about-cp.
- Req ID: 76084
- Department: Information Services
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Non-Union
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel: 0-10%
- # of Positions: 1
- Job Available to: Internal & External
- Deadline to apply: 11/15/2019
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Information Services (IS) Specialist Project Management Office (PMO) is responsible for monitoring and managing project financials, consolidating status reports, tracking project schedules and assisting Project Managers and Delivery Directors in different knowledge areas of the project lifecycle.
- Develop best practices for PMO processes and procedures, communicate to the team, and produce job aids and other supporting documentation as appropriate;
- Participate in resource management and development of the portfolio master plan;
- Lead process improvement initiatives and deliver required artifacts;
- Develop and deliver training as required on PMO processes;
- Provide support to the IS project delivery groups and project managers for project setup and maintenance, particularly in the area of project structure and financials;
- Support the onboarding of new project managers, ensuring that they are set up with the required system access, training and equipment on their arrival to perform their duties;
- Assist in the preparation of periodic project and portfolio status reports;
- Manage the PMO shared mailbox, ensuring that all items are addressed by the responsible team member;
- Prepare PMO artifacts to support controls compliance and quarterly audit reviews;
- Participate in PMO planning including preparation of materials and coordination of regular and ad-hoc meetings;
- Support Project Managers with project financials including identifying and resolving any issues arising.
- University degree or equivalent in Commerce/Business Administration, Engineering, or Computer Science, or equivalent experience;
- 5+ years’ experience working in an IS project management office;
- Project Management Professional certificate (PMP) an asset;
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle and IS Project delivery methodologies;
- Demonstrate capability in PMO planning and process improvement;
- Experience in preparing PMO artifacts presentations for different audiences (technical and business).
- Experience analyzing and updating project financials;
- Strong Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Project skills;
- Previous experience with SAP Project Systems;
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal;
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").
See job description.