Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP. For more on our purpose, culture, and strategy, visit cpr.ca/en/about-cp.
- Req ID: 77404
- Department: Information Services
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Non-Union
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel: 0-10%
- # of Positions: 1
- Job Available to: Internal & External
- Deadline to apply: 02/25/2020
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Reporting to the Manager of the Manage Finance (MF) Program, the Specialist Business Systems – SAP Finance will gather requirements, analyze, estimate, prioritize, design, build, test, implement and maintain the required functionality within the respective SAP modules in support of business processes and procedures.
- Create and execute a work plan for business analysis activities;
- Apply a variety of techniques to elicit and gather business and user requirements from stakeholders. Understand business issues and opportunities. Analyze and define both the “As Is” and “To Be” business processes and perform a gap analysis;
- Coordinate diverse groups who contribute to business requirements and build consensus for requirements across the various user groups;
- Identify assumptions, constraints, and anticipate and manage risks;
- Develop diagrams and models (use case, activity diagram, business process models, etc.) and clearly document functional requirements and business rules to describe what the system, process, or product/service must do in order to fulfill the business and user requirements;
- Capture and document non-functional requirements that are important to the user community (i.e. usability, learnability, reliability). Liaise with architecture to ensure other non-functional requirements are considered (i.e. security, compatibility, maintainability);
- Perform requirements analysis to develop models, prioritize, organize, validate and verify requirements;
- Define the requirements needed to transition from an existing solution to a new solution;
- Develop functional specifications and perform functional configuration (setting of configuration tables and of transactional/control tables);
- Complete application service requests, provide continual business application support, research transactional issues, identify root causes as well as assist with upgrade and maintenance of applications;
- Communicate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems to technical teams designing and implementing the solution. Assist with creating user guides and training;
- Support the development of the test strategy and test plans. Ensure traceability of requirements back to business need as well as through to solution and testing. Validate the solution meets the business need and verify it conforms to specifications.
- Post-secondary education (degree or diploma) in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field;
- Minimum of 7 years related experience, including systems/applications development and support, business systems analysis, systems project management, of which 3+ years’ experience is directly related to implementation and support of SAP Enterprise systems, specifically the FI module in the areas of Treasury, FI General Accounting, Flexible Real Estate and Accounts Payable;
- SAP FI configuration experience;
- SAP project and application support experience;
- Ability to trouble shoot issues, identify potential solutions, communicate with the business client and following through to ensure system changes are implemented successfully;
- Knowledge of New GL, Consolidations and Regulatory Reporting;
- Extensive and hands-on configuration and support experience with SAP core FI modules and processes in SAP Treasury, FI General Accounting and Accounts Payable and integration points with HR, PM and MM;
- Knowledge of SAP product module/suite business processes, navigation mechanics, and configuration requirements and integration with other modules and SAP's Business Intelligence;
- Ability to develop and maintain the configuration and functional design documents and support role based profile changes;
- Deep understanding of the project governance and solution delivery process and/or of the ASAP/AGILE solution delivery roadmap;
- Knowledge of the SAP Change Management/ Solution Manager (CHARM) and HP ALM;
- Perform all tasks in the development cycle, starting from business process definition, configuration and unit testing, assistance and follow-up with user testing, co-ordination of transports to Production, training and post-live support and fixes;
- Conduct current-state and future-state workshops;
- Capture requirements, convert into best practice design and then build;
- Completed certificate of Business Analysis from an IIBA endorsed education service provider;
- Railway business experience is a definite asset.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").
See job description.