Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Specialist Business Systems for SAP Customer Relationship Management (CRM) is a techno-functional role accountable for gathering, understanding, documenting business processes and the requirements and functional specifications needed to recommend and implement solutions that will enable the organization to achieve its goals.
- Develop functional specifications and perform functional configuration, support SAP CRM.
- Perform requirements analysis and develop prototype solutions to demonstrate SAP capabilities to the business and enable adoption;
- Participate in daily production checks and operations process required for ensuring any incidents are avoided or detected in time on SAP applications;
- Lead troubleshooting of incidents or defects that arise in SAP applications and ensure a timely resolution. Lead or participate in cross functional teams involved in issue resolution, ensure that partners/stakeholders are kept advised of status;
- Understand business issues and opportunities. Analyze and define both the “As Is” and “To Be” business processes and perform gap analysis;
- Define the requirements needed to transition from an existing solution to a new solution;
- Identify assumptions, constraints, and anticipate and manage risks;
- Develop diagrams and models (use case, activity diagram, business process models, etc.) and clearly document functional requirements and business rules to describe what the system, process, or product/service must do in order to fulfill the business and user requirements;
- Complete application service requests, provide continual business application support, research transactional issues, identify root causes as well as assist with upgrade and maintenance of applications;
- Communicate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems to technical teams designing and implementing the solution.
- Write documentation for the applications including operations, training material and user guides.
- Ensure traceability of requirements back to business need as well as through to solution and testing. Validate the solution meets the business need and verify it conforms to specifications.
- Participate in project implementations, post-implementation reviews, test plans, test strategy, regression testing and deployment process to maximize and share learning;
- Ensure the operating efficiency of existing application systems;
- Resolve systemic issues and ensure completion of root cause analysis;
- Responsible for clearly and concisely articulating technical issues and resolutions with varied business stakeholders;
- Ensure adherence to best practices for enhancements and support; ensure adoption and adherence to defined support processes (e.g. incident management, change management, etc.);
- Perform tasks within a complex decision-making and problem solving environment, serve as a subject matter expert for the determination and recommendation of problem resolution and system enhancements, root-cause analysis, documentation and integration testing;
- This role requires participation in a 24 X 7 on-call support rotation.
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Science, Commerce/Business Administration or equivalent practical experience;
- Minimum 2-3 years SAP implementation experience - ideally 2 full project lifecycles with SAP CRM.
- Strong configuration skills performing requirements analysis
- Extensive experience designing and configuring integration points between SAP modules as well as interfaces with non-SAP systems;
- Strong familiarity with project implementation methodologies, including Agile and ASAP;
- Experience in application support preferably including HP Service Manager Experience;
- Solid experience designing and executing test cases preferably including HP Application Lifecycle Management (HP ALM)/QC experience;
- Team player, skilled in working in a highly collaborative manner;
- Development experience with ABAP, SAP PI, Fiori considered an asset;
- Functional experience with SAP Transportation Management considered an asset;
- Ability to manage client expectations and negotiate win-win solutions;
- Proven ability to prioritize multiple work assignments;
- Ability to communicate effectively with business and Information Services (IS) support teams;
- Experience in Marketing and Sales business area supported by the CRM application portfolio valuable but not required
- Advanced analytical skills;
- Willingness to be in an On Call Rotation doing Application Support (24/7), taking ownership of incident resolution.
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").