Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
As the Business Systems Specialist – SAP Business Planning & Consolidations (BPC) you will gather requirements, analyze, estimate, prioritize, design, build, test, implement and maintain the required functionality within SAP BPC in support of business processes and procedures.
- Maintain the SAP BPC components (applications, dimensions, dimension logic, reports, script logic, etc.) to support Financial Consolidation (CONS), Corporate Planning & Analysis (CP&A) & General Accounting;
- Automate master data and dimension member hierarchies from source systems to BP;
- Automate transaction data loads from SAP ECC to BI to BPC;
- Create/ maintain data manager packages, package links, scheduled tasks;
- Create/maintain business process flows and custom process flows;
- Create/ maintain task profiles and member access profiles to control security and allow seamless operations;
- Create/maintain drill through to ECC;
- Trouble shoot and reconcile data back to source systems (like BI and ECC);
- Schedule and monitor BPC appset backups and restores;
- Document requirements, define scope and objectives, and design the BPC application to enable business strategies;
- Drive business process improvements with an entrepreneurial technical mindset;
- Help support the SAP ECC FI footprint when required in the areas of FI/CO/AP/AA/PS/Treasury etc.
- Must possess a University degree or equivalent in Finance, Commerce/Business Administration, Engineering, or Computer Science;
- A minimum 7+ years of SAP experience;
- Must have 1 to 5+ years’ experience in configuring, implementing and providing ongoing support in an SAP BPC 10 NW environment;
- 2+ years of SAP BI experience and/or 2+ years SAP ECC transactional systems - SAP FICO, CONS experience is preferred;
- Good understanding of SAP BI and SAP finance ECC module(s;
- Deep understanding of the project governance and solution delivery process using the ASAP solution delivery roadmap;
- Strong Accounting Background with familiarity of budgeting and planning processes;
- Customer focused and able to effectively communicate with a variety of groups;
- Demonstrate success in designing and implementing complex technical and functional solutions, identifying gaps and addressed gaps with solutions;
- Understanding of SAP Transport Management System is an asset;
- BPC Administration experience and Web Admin;
- Experience with AppSets/Environments and Applications/Models creation and maintenance;
- Deep understanding of dimensions hierarchies and properties;
- Handle complex scenarios in BPC;
- Experience in working with Account transformation;
- Experience with logic scripts;
- Performance optimization experience;
- Good understanding of dimension Logic / MDX;
- Experience in designing / building complex input schedules and reports;
- In depth knowledge of MS Excel and the use of VBA and Macros;
- Data Manager Package maintenance and development;
- BPC Security design, development and maintenance;
- HANA Modelling is an asset.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").