Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
As the Specialist Application Developer you are responsible for the development and maintenance of SAP Applications according to project requirements and user expectations.
- Provide information on the detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms;
- Design and code application program; create test transaction and run test;
- Conduct analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems;
- Review, analyze, and modify programming systems, including encoding, testing, debugging and installing for a large-scale system;
- Ensure the operating efficiency of existing application systems;
- Maintain records for the documentation of systems development and revisions;
- Develop Code in ABAP, ABAP OO, Workflow, SQL, FIORI ,NWGW, HANA Modeling
- Create of technical documentation, code teview, test process on standard and developed object in the area of concentration;
- Support ABAP code base in SAP ECC;
- On Call support will be required for this position.
- Degree or equivalent in Engineering or Computer Science;
- SAP Training in Custom Development and a SAP Certification is considered an asset;
- Minimum 7 years of experience developing and supporting application source code in an SAP system;
- Experience in requirements analysis and design of technical solutions ranging in scope and size;
- Analytical and contextualization skills;
- Documentation Standards for SAP Custom Code that will be required to deliver user requirements not available in the standard software;
- Knowledgeable in new technical areas like Fiori/SAPUI5, ABAP OO, BRF+, BOPF, FPM, Webdynpro and Adobe Forms;
- Strong troubleshooting skills to debug any defects and find root cause of problems;
- Ability to communicate complex technical information and impacts in business and functional terms;
- Competent at creating development effort and cost estimates using inputs from Functional team and then managing the RICEFW
- Ability to lead change successfully and implement best practices;
- Development Standards for SAP Custom Code to be used in design and development;
- Ability to estimate simple to complex SAP Custom Code developments and provide realistic estimates of development effort required;
- Knowledgeable in new technical areas like ABAP OO, BRF+, BOPF, FPM, Webdynpro and Adobe Forms;
- Ability to mentor new developers and bring the team together to share their knowledge and experience.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").