Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP. For more on our purpose, culture, and strategy, visit cpr.ca/en/about-cp.
- Req ID: 76153
- Department: Information Services
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Non-Union
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel: 0-10%
- # of Positions: 1
- Job Available to: Internal & External
- Deadline to apply: 11/20/2019
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Canadian Pacific has dedicated ECM (Enterprise Content Management) team to develop an ECM roadmap, execute the projects necessary to implement that roadmap and support the resulting systems and processes. The team has accountability for the architecture, implementation, integration, administration and support of OpenText Enterprise Information Management suite including Content Server, Archive Server, Extended ECM for SAP, Vendor Invoice Management, and Employee File Management. The Specialist functional, Enterprise Content Management is a key member of the ECM team and has a great opportunity to be part of an expanding implementation of OpenText EIM platform within CP.
- Responsible for gathering, analyzing and documenting functional and non-functional business requirements and use cases;
- Configure Content server folder, categories and attributes, permission levels, search templates and search results columns;
- Configure SAP external document repositories, document declaration and related document archiving settings as part of SAP document archiving in OpenText Archive and Content Server;
- Develop test cases to cover solution functionalities and support business users in performing user acceptance test by guiding them on how to use the solution functionalities;
- Create training guide and deliver training sessions to business users;
- Create and execute document migration plan to migrate documents to ECM Content servers including metadata mapping, business validation and bulk load;
- Configure Content Server records management settings;
- Configure Extended ECM business workspace template, metadata mapping;
- Perform functional test on the solution functions in Development and Acceptance environments;
- Provide end user functional support during project implementation and post Go Live.
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience preferred;
- 4 - 6 years of hands functional experience on OpenText Content Server objects configuration including Auto Document numbering module, Syntergy bulk loader;
- Working knowledge of configuring OpenText Extended module for SAP ECC, CRM, HCM, TM systems is major advantage;
- 3 - 5 years of experience in implementing document and records management solutions as functional lead in corporate environment;
- Solid understanding of document management and records management principles;
- Strong team player with the ability to work closely with business users who have limited understanding of document and records management solutions;
- Excellent problem solving/trouble shooting skills;
- Good organizational, planning and time management skills;
- Proven strong communication skills - both written and oral - with technical and non-technical staff and with management;
- Team player, skilled in working in a highly collaborative manner, delivering in tight timeline with multiple projects running in parallel;
- Knowledge of the Railway business is preferable.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").
See job description.