Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts. CP provides North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP. For more on our purpose, culture, and strategy, visit cpr.ca/en/about-cp.
- Req ID: 77433
- Department: Information Services
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Non-Union
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel: 0-10%
- # of Positions: 1
- Job Available to: Internal & External
- Deadline to apply: 02/27/2020
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- Located in Calgary, reporting to the Manager SAP HCM, the SAP Business Systems Analyst– HCM will gather requirements, analyze, design, estimate, prioritize, test, implement and maintain the required functionality within SAP HCM in support of business processes and procedures.
- To achieve this you will possess a post-secondary education (degree or diploma) in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field. In addition, you will have a minimum of 3 years working SAP experience, including systems/applications development and support, business systems analysis.
- The Business Systems Analyst is accountable for gathering, understanding and documenting business processes, the requirements and specifications needed to recommend a SAP HCM solution that will enable the organization to achieve its goals.
- Supporting CP’s SAP ECC 6.0 footprint for Human Capital Management (HCM);
- Create and execute work plan for business analysis activities in the areas of SAP HCM module;
- Logging onto CP's issue management system, manage problems and change requests related to SAP Human Capital Management (HCM) including documenting resolution information;
- Providing Human Capital Management (HCM) problem resolution assistance and support to various departments for SAP ECC 6.0 footprint;
- Creating and/or updating Human Capital Management (HCM) configuration and business process procedures documentation;
- Analyzing and testing Human Capital Management (HCM) functionality for enhancement and support pack updates in SAP ECC 6.0 versions;
- Managing SAP Online Support System notes and transports in the area of SAP Human Capital Management (HCM);
- Developing detailed test plans and scripts for SAP Human Capital Management (HCM) ; and working with other functional teams to ensure that continued effective integration of SAP, Controlling (CO), Sales and distribution (SD), Plant Maintenance (PM), Human Resources (HR), Project Systems (PS) and Business Intelligence (BI) is achieved.
- Assessing business and application requirements;
- Apply a variety of techniques to elicit and gather business and user requirements from stakeholders. Understand business issues and opportunities. Analyze and define both the “As Is” and “To Be” business processes and perform a gap analysis;
- Coordinate diverse groups who contribute to business requirements and build consensus for requirements across the various user groups;
- Capture and document non-functional requirements that are important to the user community (i.e. usability, learnability, reliability). Liaise with architecture to ensure other non-functional requirements are considered (i.e. security, compatibility, maintainability);
- Driving the development of functional and system specifications;
- Conducting fit/gap analysis and business process modeling;
- Develop diagrams and models (use case, activity diagram, business process models, etc.) and clearly document functional requirements and business rules to describe what the system, process, or product/service must do in order to fulfill the business and user requirements;
- Developing and executing tests to confirm the functionality;
- Support the development of the test strategy and test plans. Ensure traceability of requirements back to business need as well as through to solution and testing. Validate the solution meets the business need and verify it conforms to specifications;
- Creating necessary documentation and delivering knowledge transfer sessions;
- Communicating in a team environment;
- Communicate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems to technical teams designing and implementing the solution. Assist with creating user guides and training.
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Science, Commerce/Business Administration or equivalent practical experience;
- 3+ years of pure Business and Functional Analysis experience with increasing degrees of responsibility;
- Proven strong communication skills - both written and oral - with technical and non-technical staff and with management;
- Excellent understanding of SAP HCM sub module(s) and the integration between various SAP modules;
- Fundamental knowledge of railway operations and processes will be considered as an asset;
- Understanding of the IT organization’s processes, systems and capabilities;
- 5+ years of practical experience with using a wide variety of techniques to elicit requirements (i.e. Research, Verbal protocols, Focus groups, Brainstorming, Interviews, Questionnaires, Prototyping, etc.) and in using a variety of models/diagrams/documents to capture, document and interpret requirements;
- Strong problem solving skill-set;
- Good organizational, planning and time management skills;
- Attention to detail and quality;
- Expertise in facilitation, negotiation, gaining consensus and managing conflict of diverse stakeholder groups;
- Appreciation and understanding of how to deal with different cultural values and sensitivities and how to work in a virtual work environment;
- Team player, skilled in working in a highly collaborative manner;
- Ability to manage client expectations and negotiate win-win solutions.
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").
See job description.