Job ID: 174899
Work Type: Full Time Permanent
Work Status: Full-time
It is a great time to join the CRH Canada team! CRH Canada is going through an exciting business transformation which demands first-class Talent Management support to drive results.
We are building a world- class team. Make your mark!
You will be a successful addition to our team if you look at change as an opportunity to develop and contribute to the business. You will be successful in your role if you like partnering with the business, presenting new ideas and providing excellent customer service.
Reporting to the Senior HR Director, the Director, HR is responsible for driving the strategic and tactical aspects of Human Resources department for the Materials (Aggregates / Redimix) division across Canada.
The incumbent will contribute to the business success through leadership in human resources, including supporting over 70 locations in employee relations, labour relations, employment law, disability management & return to work, individual and team performance management, policy interpretation as well as partnering with management to develop and implement HR strategies in support of business goals and objectives. The role involves managing the HR team of Canada Materials located in the provinces of Ontario and Quebec (with their respective team members). #LI-SS1
- Acts as business partner with the management teams to understand the business from an operational perspective.
- Partners with management to develop and implement HR strategies in support of business goals and objectives.
- Coaches, advises and provides support to HR teams and management on grievance administration/management, contract interpretation and contract negotiations, leadership skills, resolving performance-related issues, conflict resolution, effective teamwork, effective employment termination, etc.;
- Provides guidance and expertise to HR teams and management and employees regarding employment-related law and regulations, including Employment Standards Regulations and Human Rights legislation as well as on the application of HR policies, processes and activities.
- Facilitates execution of organizational development and change management initiatives.
- Improves organizational, team and individual performance through effective delivery of HR services.
- Facilitates internal communication processes and other employee feedback mechanisms;
- Clearly cascades and communicates organizational objectives and ensure Dialogue planning and evaluations are completed in line with schedule;
- Supports employees with individual development planning;
- Participates in the annual succession planning process to identify high potential employees.
- Participates in compensation process to ensure alignment of the appropriate salary treatment of employees, including annual salary review and engineering progression ladder /mid-year salary review;
- Leads or participates in works with HR or cross-functional teams to address business opportunities or challenges, large projects or business activities including acquisition/merger integration/facility closure
Experience & Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor's/University Degree in Human Resources Management
- 10+ years’ experience in a similar role in Manufacturing, Transportation and/or Mining industry
- Experienced in including broad-based HR generalist and HR management experience including Labour Relations (Collective Bargaining)
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose and resolve employee relations matters.
- Strong computer skills working with HRIS and Microsoft Office (advanced Excel)
- Solid technical human resources expertise (employee / labor relations, disability management, compensation, benefits, organization development, talent acquisition, talent development) to support and educate clients.
- Advanced level of understanding of HR policies, procedures, and fundamentals of Canada employment laws.
- Strong knowledge and experience creating and implementing human resources strategies/objectives/initiatives.
- Strong business partnership and influencing skills; able to establish a high level of trust and credibility in the organization.
- Strong leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to effectively give feedback and coaching.
- Proven experience Managing and mentoring other HR professionals, willingness to share knowledge.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface at all levels of management and personnel both internally and externally.
- Flexible; ability to adapt to changing priorities and multiple tasks.
- Strong customer focus and sense of urgency to business needs.
- Ability to travel to company locations. (40-50%).
- Must be fully bilingual in English & French.
Visit our website for more information: http://www.crhcanada.com