This position is for Massiv Die-Form, a division of Cosma International.
Cosma International, an operating unit of Magna International, is one of the world‘s premier global automotive suppliers providing a comprehensive range of body, chassis, and engineering solutions to our customers. Our pioneering technology and creativity allows our customers to ask for solutions that lie beyond what they previously thought was possible.
Massiv Die-Form, a division of Magna International, designs and builds medium to large cast automotive and hot stamping dies. Massiv Die-Form is proudly committed to manufacture products of the highest quality, reliability, maintainability and durability for the global automotive market through skilled and dedicated people focused on total customer satisfaction, ongoing protection of the environment and the profitable well-being of our company. Key Responsibilities
- Develop H&S awareness programs to promote safety as responsibility of all employees.
- Serve as management co-chair for JHSEC in compliance with company and legislative requirements
- Conduct accident and near miss investigations & reviews and workplace inspections and take leadership role in root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Follow up with and assist Supervisors, Managers and Senior Management regarding corrective action requests and continuous improvement activities.
- Complete and maintain all risk assessments for equipment in the building. Review annually.
- Communicate H&S policies and procedures, JHSEC activities and accident statistics at monthly employee meetings.
- Prepare safety and environmental presentations for Small Group Meetings
- Maintain H&S communication board, incl. JHSEC member’s pictures and emergency contact list.
- Arrange for maintenance of the First Aid room and keep the first aiders list up to date.
- Participate and complete all projects for the WSIB Employer Safety Group Program
- Ensure annual review of Emergency Spill Plan and Fire Safety and Emergency Response Plan and Teams in conjunction with Maintenance Manager.
- Conduct New Employee Safety and Environmental Orientation.
- Conduct any other required safety or environment training.
- Manage divisional Ergonomic Program according to Magna’s expectations and requirements.
- Maintain and update incident tracking database on HSELinx on a quarterly basis.
- Drive MAFACT activities and requirements.
- Review SDSs of new materials and ensure proper storing of hazardous materials in conjunction with applicable Department Managers or Supervisors and maintain SDS library on Massport.
- Complete all Environmental reporting including NPRI, ESDM and ECA.
- Schedule, prepare documents as requested and assist internal and external auditors during H&S and Environmental Audits.
- Write, distribute and follow up on H&S and Environmental Audit action plan using HSELinx database.
- Update and maintain customer-specific H&S and environmental reporting requirements (e.g. GM Contractor requirements).
- Coordinate and monitor Security requirements and maintain the key inventory.
- Arrange for industrial hygiene testing including air quality, noise and any other applicable testing to ensure compliance with municipal by-laws and internal quality standards and initiate corrective action as required.
- Accompany Ministry of Labour/Environment/ Municipal or any other government representative on any plant tour.
- Monitor new and revised legislation and remain current with latest HSE requirements.
- Input required information into Magna’s Environmental METRIX system.
- Drive and maintain ISO 14001:2015 system which includes annual review of all HSE policies and maintaining all records according to ISO Policy and the Magna Record Retention Schedule
- Abide by and promote established safety and non-safety plant rules and regulations, quality and housekeeping standards and EMS policies.
• 5 years’ experience in health, safety and environmental role in an industrial environment (Regulation 851) Additional Information
• Post-secondary degree or certification in Occupational Health & Safety required
• WSIB Certification preferred.
• CRSP designation an asset.
• Thorough knowledge of shop floor procedures and practices in automotive industry.
• Working knowledge of Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act (TDGA), Canadian Environmental Protection Act (CEPA), Press Code Z142, Z460 Control of Hazardous Energy and other relevant H&S and environmental legislation.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational and analytical skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
• Excellent Presentation skills
• Must be able to meet deadlines and work independently.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint required.
• Training required: Orientation, Fire Extinguisher, First Aid, Magna Supervisor Competency Parts I & II, Magna Health and Safety and the Law, Forklift (Safe Handling of Propane), Oxy-Acetylene, Crane, Emergency Procedures for Power Presses, Die Setter, Lockout, Robotic Safety for Maintenance Workers, Transportation of Dangerous Goods, Confined Space - Tanks and Enclosed Areas, Trainer the Trainer Crane & Forklift, Contractor Safety Program, Accident Investigation, Emergency Evacuation, Machine Risk Assessment, Ergonomics, Working at Heights, Internal Auditor, First Aid Reg 1101, Young Workers Awareness, Lockout Train the Trainer, NPRI Magna or Ministry of Environment Training, 5S, CI Suggestion Program. Other training as required.
• ISO 9001 & ISO 14001 training as prescribed by QEMS (see matrixes).
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
• Day shift and shop floor/office environment. Regular presence on the shop floor (minimum of 20% of time)
• Ability to be flexible with hours of work to meet internal and external requirements.