WORK for ADESA Canada, a division of KAR Auction Services. ADESA is the country's largest wholesale vehicle auction and remarketing services company. ADESA provides state-of-the art facilities and technologies to help dealers and consignors buy and sell used cars, trucks, RVs, boats, motorcycles and heavy equipment.
Located in Stony Mountain, Manitoba, ADESA Winnipeg is one of ADESA Canada's wholesale vehicle auctions that are located across Canada, coast to coast and the employer of choice in the Canadian automotive remarketing industry.
Want to know more about Kar? Check out our You Tube video!
At ADESA Winnipeg , We Offer Full Time Employees
- Competitive wages,
- Full company paid benefits (LTD premium paid by employee),
- Matching RRSP contribution up to 5%,
- 3 paid care days, 3 paid float days, plus 2 weeks’ vacation (Prorated based on Hire Date),
- Discounted stock options,
- Referral Program,
- ADESA Perks Program (discounted: gym memberships, mobile services, Vehicle Purchase, etc)
- Employee Recognition Program (monthly Draw to win prizes),
- Employee Assistance Program,
- Service Award Recognition Program, and
- Fun work environment with a work/life balance.
- Please note that ADESA Winnipeg recognizes 11 Statutory Holidays throughout the year and are generally closed on these holidays, unless overtime is being offered. (Vegas trip on a long weekend = Yes Please)
Our Business Hours are Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm (Your schedule may differ due business needs and will be disclosed in the phone interview)
At ADESA Winnipeg, reporting to the Operations Manager, the Automotive Mechanic is primarily responsible for conducting pre-sale inspections (diagnostics) for vehicles that are going or have gone through a sale. The job would be ideal for a retired automotive mechanic or a mechanic that is looking for a less labour intensive role . Note that while there are repairs that are performed from time to time, it is minimal. You would be sharing a bay with another technician and would be required to bring your own tools. Any required PPE will be supplied by the company.
• Responsible for provision of Buyer Protection Plan, safety inspections by conducting body, frame and damage checks, transmission, differential and overall power train checks, and completion of the required safety checklist for confirmation of work completed.
• Responsible for provision of frame inspection services by conducting inspections of vehicle undercarriages to ensure no cracks, bends or other damage exists.
• Responsible for provision of general repair services by conducting general mechanical inspections and repairs including brake jobs, exhaust system jobs, front end alignments, ball joints, air conditioning, maintenance of auction vehicles and external referrals for transmission work.
• Responsible for delivery of general maintenance services by conducting oil and fluid changes, tire changes, general vehicle check overs and related duties as well as ensuring that all safety procedures are followed.
• Responsible for delivery of general shop and related duties by performing shop maintenance, pulling up vehicles into the shop and test driving vehicles for diagnosis of repairs required.
• Journeyman's License or equivalent experience
• 2 years experience in a mechanical environment performing diagnostic services
• Experienced in repair and service of mechanical, electrical and electronic systems and components on a variety of vehicles
• Proven ability as a team player
• Above average communication and problem solving skills with positive professional attitude
• A self starter who can work in a fast paced environment
• Adept at multi-tasking
• Computer skills an asset
• Valid driver's license
• Other duties as assigned